Grim lloking pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

drove through lee on friday had no idea it existed til then...and i drive round most of it
in stretford never been in looks dodge
Logon or register to see this image

Looks a shithole. Was a shithole. Been in once for a leaving do. Horrific beer. Wasn't rough, but stunk of shit. The combined smell of the regualars. Gone, but my nose hasn't forgotten.
The local to my work in a new build little Cambridgeshire town is far from grim looking, oh no wait...

Someone got stabbed to death. I take that back.

The Barge Pole, Thamesmead

The winner for me so far.....

I had to go into the Black Garter for work earlier this year. I'd prefer to never go there ever again.
Should have seen it before the smoking ban.
Well, you couldn't really.
It was like going through a door and into a thick grey mid-atlantic fog !

The Charltons in Hendon has never looked appealing but recently it's looked awful.

Worst looking bar in Sunderland?

Ones next to stations are usually grim. I think this is one I popped into in Dover while waiting for a train:

Growing up in Blackfell, I didn't go to the local pubs and would either head through to Sunderland or walk up to the Bowes (and the Mill House after they did it up). The Honest Boy was pretty friendly once you got inside but I only ever went there a couple of times:

I suppose its problem is for attractiveness it always had stiff competition from The Whitehouse on the other side of the path:

Something about square 70s build does not really sell a place to you.

Is that Glasgow? Looks like one I wandered into when we had that friendly up there.....to see the IRA mural on the wall, didnt stay!
The one I posted? Aye, it used to be under the Red Road flats, it's gone now. Absolutely mental place. The Garngad is in Glasgow too, also brutal.

Gone for years but the Dagmar and it's Alsation on the roof.

Mind I went in there a couple of times with me Granda when I was about 16/17. He got me a pint of Guiness in and the pool tables were only 20p.

The Round Robin was the first pub I saw with dogs on the roof. Was like a safari adventure looking out for them when getting chucked about the back of a Jolly bus while passing.

Worst pub in Westhoughton. Usually has some nicatine stained scrote lurking in the door. Minging inside too.
I promised myself I'd have a beer in every pub when I first moved here. I had one and quickly left. I'm amazed it didn't come with free hepatitus

I used to live not too far away from this one when I lived in Edinburgh.

Also, this one closer to where I currently live:

There’s been at least one murder within 50ft of their in the last 10 years, and of course it’s the source of this crackers news story:

Part of the whole thing though. I dread to think what the Eden Bar is like these days. Whole thing looks a mess. Obviously it’ll get to the point when it’s dropping to bits beyond repair and it’ll come down.
Not been in for an age myself. Have finished many a night off in Vibe, to my eternal shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back