Greta Thunberg

I like her, she stands up for what she believes in.
So did Hitler.
2 days ago the BBC were reporting that one of the causes of the exceptional rise in sea temperatures in the North Atlantic and North Sea was the lack of particulate pollution from ships. It seems that pollution from diesel engined ships used to help dilute the strength of the sun hitting the oceans, now that diesel engines are greener we've lost our sun shade.
I think I'll go and let my diesel van idle for a few hours to help cool the oceans!
Scientists haven't got a fecking clue man.

Last edited:
Why is it the end of the discussion?

Whether it made any sort of impact on the effects of man made climate change on a global scale don't really matter to the question of whether it is the 'right' thing to do .

Great Britain used to be world leaders in societal progressiveness... Things like ending slavery and workers rights etc... The argument could have been made back then that Britain doing the right thing wouldn't make a big effect world wide, but we became synonymous with being the most advanced society on earth .

It would be interesting in 100 years if people were to look back and see Britain as being the the country that sparked change and saved the world
Wait a minute
I thought little old England didn’t carry any weight in the world anymore . Thought our history was one to be embarrassed about rather than celebrated .
Science proves that we need the big boys to get on board which doesn’t look very likely.
Everything else is a waste of time and money
Maybe The eco loons should go over to China , Russia etc and start protesting there instead of taking the easy option .
I’d have more respect for them

Last edited:
Wait a minute
I thought little old England didn’t carry any weight in the world anymore . Thought our history was one to be embarrassed about rather than celebrated .
Science proves that we need the big boys to get on board which doesn’t look very likely.
Everything else is a waste of time and money
Maybe The eco loons should go over to China , Russia etc and start protesting there instead of taking the easy option .
I’d have more respect for them

Doesn't matter if you think we carry no weight. And no you don't think our history is one to be embarrassed about

I don't see any problem with us being at the forefront in the fight to save planet earth, regardless of how big we are or aren't. Its called 'doing the right thing'

Back