Greggs Vegan Sausage Roll

I've been veggie since I was a kid, more habit now, I tend to think of the meat names as a guide to what shape/ texture/cooking style it is.

A burger for instance is easily recognisable, what else should it be called?

If you can think of better names for the product to help with that and are still marketable go ahead and change them all. Nobody cares.

Just you lot that like too shout out that the youth is too easily offended. Losing it over names of food.

Went into the one in central Newcastle yesterday got one just,, he brought the tray out of 30 or so and they were all gone in 3 minutes. Tasted better than I was expecting as not a fan of Quorn normally.

Had that then went to Fat Hippo later on and had their vegan burger, if you like spam well worth giving that a try as well. The main thing with this mainstreaming of a Vegan product may mean people try other stuff, there is a lot of nice food out there that isnt meat or dairy based. Was in one place that has a vegan menu as part of it overall, dessert was mixed fruit salad with a sorbet, people on next table said oh thats sounds nice I'll get that for their partner to say no you cant have it its marked vegan.

Dont try vegan cheese though it is all disgusting, the ice cream is really good though.

Went into the one in central Newcastle yesterday got one just,, he brought the tray out of 30 or so and they were all gone in 3 minutes. Tasted better than I was expecting as not a fan of Quorn normally.

Had that then went to Fat Hippo later on and had their vegan burger, if you like spam well worth giving that a try as well. The main thing with this mainstreaming of a Vegan product may mean people try other stuff, there is a lot of nice food out there that isnt meat or dairy based. Was in one place that has a vegan menu as part of it overall, dessert was mixed fruit salad with a sorbet, people on next table said oh thats sounds nice I'll get that for their partner to say no you cant have it its marked vegan.

Dont try vegan cheese though it is all disgusting, the ice cream is really good though.

The VFC burger is 1000x better from FH. Its as close to real chicken as humanly possible I think. The vegan patty is lifting from there I find (imo)

Meh. It's a choice isn't it or is it. Stick a vegan in a room with nothing but meat based food and the 'morals' would out the window in a heartbeat by day 3.

It's a ridiculous fashion statement and just basically being an awkward **** it's essentially the snowflake goth movement.

Tried one the other day and it was fairly nice and it did taste like meat. The only thing was that the pastry was a bit dry because of the lack of grease.

Meh. It's a choice isn't it or is it. Stick a vegan in a room with nothing but meat based food and the 'morals' would out the window in a heartbeat by day 3.

It's a ridiculous fashion statement and just basically being an awkward **** it's essentially the snowflake goth movement.
I’m most definitely not a vegan but that’s a load of f***ing tosh :lol:

Back