Grayson's Smithies enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithies is head and shoulders above mannone and pretty much all other keepers in the championship
if this lad was in the prem he would be in the England squad, he is brilliant as a sweeper keeper(I hate that phrase) brilliant at saving penalties good at kicking and makes match winning saves , he will save you points , knowing us we will sell for a pack of shirt buttons and magic beans
if you get him for 5 million you are getting the bargain of the season
So why isn't he in the prem then?

mainly because most premiership teams go abroad
if you get him and watch him play you will know he should be at a higher level most premiership teams would rather pay the likes of Bravo silly money to be useless rather than do some decent scouting down the leagues , he has the lot and will only get better

These quotes @Lord Alfred :
“We have got recruitment in a good place at this moment in time, we’ve got players lined up that if someone goes out we can look to try and bring in. That’s the case right through the squad.”

The season kicks off in two weeks and we are literally a shambles. Players should be coming in NOW to STRENGTHEN, not IF someone leaves. We've lost a 16 goal PL striker and replaced him with a £500k L1 striker. We've lost a highly promising keeper and have two absolute jokers competing for the 1st team shirt....and it's the same all over the pitch....players out injured, players not wanting to be here and others just not f***ing good enough.

How can recruitment be in a good place when we can't sign anyone until we sell someone....after only spending the loose change Bain found behind the sofa.

We are in a very poor place currently imo.

mainly because most premiership teams go abroad
if you get him and watch him play you will know he should be at a higher level most premiership teams would rather pay the likes of Bravo silly money to be useless rather than do some decent scouting down the leagues , he has the lot and will only get better
Hart, Pickford, Fraser Foster, Ben Foster, Jack Butland, Tom Heaton.
Quite a few English lads are plying their trade in premier league and have been picked up from lower leagues to do so. If he's that good it makes me wonder why nobody has bothered with him.

He's good enough from what I've seen of him and he's very highly rated at QPR. I know a load of season ticket holders and messaged them today about him. None would be impressed if they sell, and don't think we'd have a chance of getting him anyway (I personally reckon we would)

Either way he's a step up from Mannone

He's good enough from what I've seen of him and he's very highly rated at QPR. I know a load of season ticket holders and messaged them today about him. None would be impressed if they sell, and don't think we'd have a chance of getting him anyway (I personally reckon we would)

Either way he's a step up from Mannone
Can't say I've seen much of him was just wondering why iv he was as good as lad I've been discussing with makes out why is he playing in championship?

Can't say I've seen much of him was just wondering why iv he was as good as lad I've been discussing with makes out why is he playing in championship?

Good question, and until he gets a chance in the Prem we'll never know if he's capable of the step up or not. He has however shone in the Championship for a number of years now and probably deserves that chance.

If he signs for us then he'll probably never get there :lol: ;)

The season kicks off in two weeks and we are literally a shambles. Players should be coming in NOW to STRENGTHEN, not IF someone leaves. We've lost a 16 goal PL striker and replaced him with a £500k L1 striker. We've lost a highly promising keeper and have two absolute jokers competing for the 1st team shirt....and it's the same all over the pitch....players out injured, players not wanting to be here and others just not f***ing good enough.

How can recruitment be in a good place when we can't sign anyone until we sell someone....after only spending the loose change Bain found behind the sofa.

We are in a very poor place currently imo.

Exactly this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back