Grayson asks for fan letters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Simon Grayson,

I can't imagine it's easy being Sunderland manager, but it's probably harder being a fan, and I'll get straight to the questions.

Why do you persist on playing James Vaughan, when he clearly isn't up to it? He's a good lad, can't fault his effort and commitment, and I'm reasonably glad he's here based on that. But he's no more than a back up. Grabban has shown in few games that he's got more about him, and should be number one striker.

Why are Cattermole and Ndong playing as a central midfield pair? They either get overun or bypassed every game. Either put someone else in with them, or drop Cattermole.

Why do we persist on playing long balls, when we don't have the players for it? Vaughan can win some headers, but he can't hold the ball up or bring others into play. Our players are well set up for quick, short passing, with McGeady, Grabban, Williams, and the other small attacking players, yet we don't do it.

Why is Kone playing when he doesn't want to be here?

Personally, I don't think Honeyman warrants a starting place, and if any of Williams, Watmore, McManaman or Gooch are fit they should be on before him. Matthews is better than Jones, and Oviedo is miles better than any other full back at the club.

4-2-3-1 suits the players.

Ruiter/Steele
Matthews
Two centre backs
Oviedo

NDong
Gibson

McGeady
Williams
Watmore/McManaman

Grabban

Williams could drop a bit deeper and play as a three in central midfield, which might then help Cattermole if he was in.

We should be getting the ball quickly on the floor to the attacking midfielders, via the full backs and central midfielders who are mostly competent on the ball. We're doing okay away and I appreciate it's hard at home, but you need to give the fans something to cheer. They can be the best in the league to play under or the worst, and it'll only take a bit of form and a few positive signs to turn it around.

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate the opportunity.
I look forward to McNair and Wilson coming into the side along with Williams. Jones has to be dropped and that ruiter should be in goal instead of Steele surely.

Dear Simon Grayson,

I can't imagine it's easy being Sunderland manager, but it's probably harder being a fan, and I'll get straight to the questions.

Why do you persist on playing James Vaughan, when he clearly isn't up to it? He's a good lad, can't fault his effort and commitment, and I'm reasonably glad he's here based on that. But he's no more than a back up. Grabban has shown in few games that he's got more about him, and should be number one striker.

Why are Cattermole and Ndong playing as a central midfield pair? They either get overun or bypassed every game. Either put someone else in with them, or drop Cattermole.

Why do we persist on playing long balls, when we don't have the players for it? Vaughan can win some headers, but he can't hold the ball up or bring others into play. Our players are well set up for quick, short passing, with McGeady, Grabban, Williams, and the other small attacking players, yet we don't do it.

Why is Kone playing when he doesn't want to be here?

Personally, I don't think Honeyman warrants a starting place, and if any of Williams, Watmore, McManaman or Gooch are fit they should be on before him. Matthews is better than Jones, and Oviedo is miles better than any other full back at the club.

4-2-3-1 suits the players.

Ruiter/Steele
Matthews
Two centre backs
Oviedo

NDong
Gibson

McGeady
Williams
Watmore/McManaman

Grabban

Williams could drop a bit deeper and play as a three in central midfield, which might then help Cattermole if he was in.

We should be getting the ball quickly on the floor to the attacking midfielders, via the full backs and central midfielders who are mostly competent on the ball. We're doing okay away and I appreciate it's hard at home, but you need to give the fans something to cheer. They can be the best in the league to play under or the worst, and it'll only take a bit of form and a few positive signs to turn it around.

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate the opportunity.

Nice one, you should definitely post it mate.

I look forward to McNair and Wilson coming into the side along with Williams. Jones has to be dropped and that ruiter should be in goal instead of Steele surely.

I don't know about the goalkeeper situation; they both look pretty poor to me. Williams seems like a decent option, compared to what we're currently seeing.

Nice one, you should definitely post it mate.

Cheers mate, that means a lot.

Dear Simon,
I can't for the life of me understand what kind of crap you say to the players in the half time interval that makes them perform so badly in the second half.
Please just refrain from entering the dressing room and just let them get on with it.
In fact, it may be a good idea just not to be around them on match days.
Yours,
bewildered

Mr Grayson, with you being some sort of Masochist by putting yourself through this torture week in week out, may I suggest you see Fat Freda from Pennywell, she'll kick you in the bollocks all day long in private, saving you the embarrassment in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back