Grant Leadbitter to sign for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope was that we would build a side, not only to get promoted at the first attempt, but one that would be able to consolidate in the Championship next season. I don't think we have this, or that Leadbitter helps it either. I hoped the days of massive rebuilds season after season were behind us, but I'm not sure they are.
Tbf if we get promoted we're probably going to need to rebuild anyway.

We need goals from CM.

Boils my piss seeing 2 of Power/Mcgeoch/Cattermole just sitting in our half when we’re on the attack.

I’d have him.
Power, McGeouch & Catts sit in our half because that's the tactics that the manager has employed to allow us to play 4 attacking players and 2 attacking full backs. They aren't sitting in our half because they don't like attacking - playing Leadbitter instead of any of them wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference unless the manager changed the tactics

He has played his whole career either in the PL or team's at the top of the championship. Yes he is getting on a bit and is a short term solution but he will be head and shoulders above players in this division.

I don't think that just makes him instantly better than anyone in the league does it? If you went off that kind of thinking, we should be top of the league with10 points spare with the likes of Catt's, Mcgeady and Oviedo''s experience alone.

Scored a goal every 7.5 games for Boro in a higher league. A very streetwise player, breaks up opposition play in a much more innocuous manner than Catts or Power, thus not being sent off and suspended as often.

I would take home on loan for the rest of the season mind and ditch Power for him

He has played his whole career either in the PL or team's at the top of the championship. Yes he is getting on a bit and is a short term solution but he will be head and shoulders above players in this division.
That's what most people said about Cattermole tbf

I don't think that just makes him instantly better than anyone in the league does it? If you went off that kind of thinking, we should be top of the league with10 points spare with the likes of Catt's, Mcgeady and Oviedo''s experience alone.
Catts injuries have taken their toll
Have mcgeady/Oviedo played most of their careers in the PL or top of the championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back