Grant Leadbitter to sign for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spot on. Everyone now saying we shouldn't have paid over the odds for him and that Donald shouldn't have kept bidding, and yet I remember that night on here when it looked for a while like we weren't going to get him, place was full of people saying we should spend what it takes, it can be the difference between promotion and staying down etc. Most, myself included, thought missing out on him would be a major mistake by the owners. It's why I try not to crow when I get something right, I know how many things I've got totally wrong!

Was a complete lack of focus on the transfer window that cost them though. Donald was full of shite saying how they were looking at players for this season in mind and how we had a good idea of targets, this is all before last January. Also said we were looking at players in the January that could then make a step up as we’d be silly not too. This is all on podcasts prior to January. Suppose he has form seeing as he said we were going to give it a good go with the parachute money this summer.

We ended up chasing Grigg because we heard of his availability (that then wasn’t) and we bid for every striker in league 1 because we were desperate. We didn’t identify anyone who fit our style of play and we ended up signing a striker that didn’t fit what we wanted to do. JR was talking about how he wanted Maja to run in behind more and we then signed a striker who also doesn’t make those runs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished it seems. Ross destroyed him, Wyke and Grigg, to name a few. :)
What a load of absolute shite. I'll admit I thought it'd be a good signing at the time, turns out he is finished. That's fuck all to do with Ross, who more than likely didn't even want or need him in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back