Grandpa Dickies Shed

Yes they’re building a new terrace on Grannie Annie and yes they’ve opened another pub at pier point.

Make for a canny day drinking route. New Saltgrass bar, tin of sardines, Fausto, six, coast, dickies shed then onto Grannie Annie’s and Vaux.
So you wouldn’t go in the harbour between the salty and sardines? I thought Fausto was a coffee shop, and what are six and coast?

Yes they’re building a new terrace on Grannie Annie and yes they’ve opened another pub at pier point.

Make for a canny day drinking route. New Saltgrass bar, tin of sardines, Fausto, six, coast, dickies shed then onto Grannie Annie’s and Vaux.
You missed out the roker hotel, good choice of drinks in there

Still subject to official SMB boycott rules

Swallow closed Vaux because they wanted to concentrate on the hotel side on the business. Nothing to do with no one drinking their produce

They also wanted to sell the brewery site. They had offers to buy out the brewing arm but Tesco offered a cash deal for the land, no strings attached.
Where's this new Saltgrass bar people are talking about?

Next door to One Stop. gonna be another pretty crap name, These Things Happen.

Last edited:
That’s the problem. You could literally drink that stuff anywhere including Granny Annie’s a few doors down, so why would I go there?

Why not have some beers from Vaux on? Support local business

Granny anny had (has?) Maxim beers on cask, almost everytime I've ever had it it was rancid and i had to swap it so clearly i was the only fucker drinking it

Edit: if they have vaux cans or some decent bottles at least that would be something, but no doubt would cost a fair whack

Back