Grandpa Dickies Shed

Yeah the terrace is a massive bonus. Only The Wolsey in Roker has a West facing terrace(only one that's near the coast anyway). It will be a big hit for late night summer drinking.
I've been in a few times and my only criticism is the size of the bogs, way too small. Other than that I can see it being popular
The whole place felt a bit odd. I won’t be rushing back.

Great stuff. It's good that more businesses are opening down there, hopefully they're supported and do well.
Exactly mate. I moved back to Sunderland(Roker) 6 years ago and the coastal drinking/dining choices were pretty limited. When my missis brought her mates across it was Poetic License or nothing. In 6 years it's changed so much and for the better

While back. We’ve only been twice. First time they had no alcohol free drinks available be it actual drinks or pop or cordial. Second time they had drinks but place had sax playing live. Felt like sitting in a posh bog with a musician.
Doesn’t sound like it’s for me, but if it gives a different option to the other places down there can’t hurt.

Exactly mate. I moved back to Sunderland(Roker) 6 years ago and the coastal drinking/dining choices were pretty limited. When my missis brought her mates across it was Poetic License or nothing. In 6 years it's changed so much and for the better
There's a few negative comments on here, fair enough people are free to leave their opinions, but I rarely trust an assessment based on purely negative remarks with zero positives, comments can be pretty damning to businesses especially when just starting out. It's early days for both setups, there'll no doubt be inevitable teething problems.

Last edited:
There's a few negative comments on here, fair enough people are free to leave their opinions, but I rarely trust an assessment based on purely negative remarks with zero positives, comments can be pretty damning to businesses especially when just starting out. It's early days for both setups, there'll no doubt be inevitable teething problems.
TBF, mine was a fair assessment of both establishments.

I don’t think it’ll hold much influence over whether people will go or not.

Great stuff. It's good that more businesses are opening down there, hopefully they're supported and do well.
I hate this nonsense that businesses should be supported. If a business wants to stay open it needs to offer what customers want, if they can’t do that they’ll struggle. People shouldn’t have some kind of obligation to support someone else’s business.

Back