Graham Norton tonight!

Was just looking at the TV pages to see what's worth watching when I get in from the SoL. Graham Norton has
Paul Mescal
Andrew Scott
Kingsley Ben-Adir
Da Vine Joy Randolph

I've actually never heard of one of them.
No intention of Googling, but, be honest folks, have you heard of any of these?
Paul Mescal is a dream boat! I’m old enough to be his mar like 😜

Was just looking at the TV pages to see what's worth watching when I get in from the SoL. Graham Norton has
Paul Mescal
Andrew Scott
Kingsley Ben-Adir
Da Vine Joy Randolph

Am with the OP , never heard of any of them .

Paul Mescal
Andrew Scott
Kingsley Ben-Adir
Da Vine Joy Randolph

Nah

Aye. You’re all too old to keep up with modern popular culture. Not like me. I know of all but one of them. I’m only 69 this year. So I obviously have the advantage of youth.

Actually, that’s not the point. How will you ever have heard of anybody unless you actually watch their new films, hear their new albums, stream their new tv series etc, or indeed, read or watch their latest interview and think ‘that sounds interesting. Maybe I’ll check it out’

The absence of any new music shows on telly, for example, has resulted in me being introduced to some of it via whoever is on Graham Norton or the snippet of whatever track is played on Sunday Brunch after the ad break. I fast forward through the cooking. Sometimes they interview somebody I’ve not heard of … and it leads me to check them out further.

You bunch of miserable old farts.
Why is it on so late. Proper weird behaviour from the bbc.

Because Miriam Margolyes is sometimes on and she says rude stuff. Others may say ‘fuck’ a bit.

Hope this helps.

PS: there’s this thing called ‘video-taping’. Betamax are the company who promote it. It might catch on in the future. Keep an eye out. I don’t think there are any other methods of watching stuff at any time you want to.

Last edited:
Aye. You’re all too old to keep up with modern popular culture. Not like me. I know of all but one of them. I’m only 69 this year. So I obviously have the advantage of youth.

Actually, that’s not the point. How will you ever have heard of anybody unless you actually watch their new films, hear their new albums, stream their new tv series etc, or indeed, read or watch their latest interview and think ‘that sounds interesting. Maybe I’ll check it out’

The absence of any new music shows on telly, for example, has resulted in me being introduced to some of it via whoever is on Graham Norton or the snippet of whatever track is played on Sunday Brunch after the ad break. I fast forward through the cooking. Sometimes they interview somebody I’ve not heard of … and it leads me to check them out further.

No point in new stuff mate, it’s all shite these days apparently!

Because Miriam Margolyes is sometimes on and she says rude stuff. Others may say ‘fuck’ a bit.

Hope this helps.

PS: there’s this thing called ‘video-taping’. Betamax are the company who promote it. It might catch on in the future. Keep an eye out. I don’t think there are any other methods of watching stuff at any time you want to.
I don’t want to watch it I think it’s terrible. I was merely asking why is it on so late.

I don’t want to watch it I think it’s terrible. I was merely asking why is it on so late.

The Margolyes factor. As I said. Post watershed chatting about oral sex on strangers. That sort of stuff
I should add, after watching it this morning, that featuring bands who can hardly play their instruments might also have been a reason for the post watershed timing. It’s probably best not to subject sensitive people to that kind of stuff.

Last edited:

Hope this helps.

Hate to say this but you've gone on like a right miserable old fart there. People not attempting to keep up with the latest trends and technology. Bah humbug.

Hate to say this but you've gone on like a right miserable old fart there. People not attempting to keep up with the latest trends and technology. Bah humbug.

You need to lighten up a bit mate. I’m taking the piss as much as everyone else.

(And don’t say you are too because you’re obviously very upset and sensitive.)

You need to lighten up a bit mate. I’m taking the piss as much as everyone else.

(And don’t say you are too because you’re obviously very upset and sensitive.)
Oh, I was just going to say I was too, really honestly, i was, I gave you a like for your post cos thought it was funny.

Now I am all sensitively upset

Back