Government cash for Washington

2 million over ten years is nothing.

If you think that’s great news you’re further down the rabbit hole than I thought.

Won’t even come close to the amount lost through spending and budgets cuts from central government
£2m a year is very good for a town like Spennymoor

As a resident of Washington I would like this spent on Snipers-their targets middle aged men walking about in the latest Saudi Utd away strips. Think of it like a seagull cull. It’s worse now than when football got re invented in 1992.

As a resident of Washington I would like this spent on Snipers-their targets middle aged men walking about in the latest Saudi Utd away strips. Think of it like a seagull cull. It’s worse now than when football got re invented in 1992.
This is the problem with allowing local people to decide how to invest in their communities. They're prepared to throw money on projects that hundreds are willing to do free of charge.

It’s £1 billion across 55 towns over 10 years.

So it’s not even £2 million, it’s £1.8 million a year.

Sunderland council’s total expenditure for 22-23 is expected to be £764 million.
Still allows a few projects to be done, free extra money the council didn’t expect, mind my local town got a big wodge a couple of years ago and proceeded to pedestrianise the local town centre, all it’s done is reduce parking spaces and make the town even deader than it was😂
think they had some grand scheme of cafe culture…of course they wouldn’t let pubs set tables up outside so that crushed any nighttime revenue it may have generated
and who the fuck is gonna sit outside in uk autumn winter whiles it’s freezing or pissing down

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see how much they’ve lost per year compared to 13 years ago, taking into account inflation etc. Something tells me it’ll be more than £2m

Seems like the money is to establish 'Town Boards' for these places. The boards will be tasked with developing long term plans based on local priorities.

So not expected to directly fund anything new and shiny, but intended to give smaller towns a voice and platform to bid into future funding streams and to develop strategies to bring in private sector investment.

2 million over ten years is nothing.

If you think that’s great news you’re further down the rabbit hole than I thought.

Won’t even come close to the amount lost through spending and budgets cuts from central government
2m per year.. so 20 million but it's still fuck all

Pay for someone to move Nisa Barmston to SR6, then use the rest to hire a few bulldozers to flatten the rest of it.
I’ve suggested build a fuck off wall to stop all the townies from town end farm and Hylton castle piling into the galls……queue for greggs and CeX is ridiculous these days, never mind the Nisa.

Back