Gordon Ramsay

Aye, one of my lads works in a kitchen and I understand it's highly charged, I still think it is no way to carry on. It's just bait
at extremely high prices and at the cost to the restaurants reputation.
I worked at a reasonably high level (at that time) silver service and it was bedlam but once past the swing doors into the public area it was as calm as you like.

You can’t get to where he is in the business without an insane amount of graft. I’ve been around kitchens in a front of house capacity and they’re always high pressure, the heat and volume of food produced kind of dictates it. Loved my time in restaurants, there’s not much better than the feeling of a busy service where everything is running like clockwork.
Theres nowt worse when it goes to shit neither 😂😂
ive worked in a kitchen and it is a highly charged atmosphere, where there is a lot of for the chef to consider, especially if a number of plates for that table.
It’s an underrated profession, dealing with the chefs behind you, coordination, plate donkeys 😉 then the customers who tend not to know their arse from their elbow sometimes.
Glad I’m out of it.

Last edited:
I do kinda understand his frustration with people who cock up things they have been shown how to do.

I remember one of his shows where someone messed up filleting a turbot.

That’s an expensive fish and he went mental at the chef.

but I suppose these days workplace bullying and a changing society makes that type of behaviour unacceptable.

Back