Good TV's..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch the programmes not the TV set so as long as I can see the picture ok and hear the sound I’m happy.

Some folks want 4K and hifi quality audio, I understand that but I’m not bothered.
I’m 52 and my eyesight is fucked. Don’t see the point in buying some high end tv as it is a blur regardless of of how good the picture is for twenty something gamers.

It’s a Rokit soundbar I have but it’s currently in my junk room with all the other tripe I never use. It’s currently sitting on one of those security devices that encircles your steering wheel.

I've just bought for work a 75" Samsung HDR for £800. Great value, it has loads of channels built in, more than free view
Do you have a link for that? We are converting our garage into a “movie room” and bar, and I’ve been looking for something big and good value. Most of the value seems to be in the 65” range but I’d really like to go massive!

I've got a 55 inch OLED Phillips Ambilight. Its the absolute shit and better than any TV's already mentioned on this thread. 😝
How much was it? I wish I'd stretched my budget and went for Oled but it was an unplanned purchase because the bairn smashed my old TV.

How much was it? I wish I'd stretched my budget and went for Oled but it was an unplanned purchase because the bairn smashed my old TV.
This is the one I got mate

I think i got it for £1300
More near £900, £889. Still decent like

LG for oled mate Philips is shite
Utter bollocks. Its the same panel for starters.
More near £900, £889. Still decent like

LG for oled mate Philips is shite

The experts would disagree

Last edited:

Fancy lights do nowt for me. LG for me. Philips is like Bush
75 inch some size init
Yes. Would rather have a smaller better quality oled myself like but quite impressed. The wireless projection function has been pretty flawless so far

Last edited:

Screen has minimal differences but you'll start to become annoyed with Phillips as you use it. The controller apps and processor are all inferior. If I was paying 900 for a TV I'd want near perfection. You don't get that with the Phillips oled. Screenwise great everything else is average

Yes. Would rather have a smaller better quality oled myself like but quite impressed. The wireless projection function has been pretty flawless so far

Got the 48 inch cx coming on Saturday. Much better than a 70 inch TV with less pixel density

Last edited:

Haha OK mate
Screen has minimal differences but you'll start to become annoyed with Phillips as you use it. The controller apps and processor are all inferior. If I was paying 900 for a TV I'd want near perfection. You don't get that with the Phillips oled. Screenwise great everything else is average

Got the 48 inch cx coming on Saturday. Much better than a 70 inch TV with less pixel density
Well personally after 6 months use its been perfect. HDR10 is amazing, apps work perfectly and looks great with my philips hue setup.

Last edited:
Haha OK mate

Well personally after 6 months use its been perfect. HDR10 is amazing, apps work perfectly and looks great with my philips hue setup.

HDR 10 is going to become short-lived with Dolby vision now the better tech.

The controller and apps become very buggy mate lots of people talking about it on Reddit.

Check whathifi and Avforums etc. Stay away from most generic tech review sites as they’ll mislead you.

Nowt wrong with Philips OLED, apart from the OS - its horrific, but some people like it. Much better with a separate box (Shield, ATV etc if you go with a Philips)

LG are the cream of the crop atm for OLED, but they’re more than you want to spend so...ignore everything I just said basically!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back