Good TV's..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellys just clapped out, what's a good make telly these days and can you get one where you pay monthly for it, without a credit rating??

Help a brother out my fellow smbers..?

Fire away

Get yourself on "hotukdeals" it's a mine field out there with TV's. Lots are made by a Turkish company (Vestal) and sold under all different names.

I've got an ambilight. I like it but it's miles behind the top end tvs picture wise. It was only around the 500 quid price bracket though.
I agree. It's my front room tv for the Ambilight - great for films and series at night. No need for any lamp and it protects your eyes. However the picture is inferior to my second room tv (Samsung - that I mostly use for gaming) and the menu has at times been slow and clunky. Also the app store on mine is pretty poor. The higher end Phillips do have Android TV and better app stores however. Mine is the 55PUS6804 I believe.

I’ll be getting a new one in the next few months. I’ve got a Samsung now, was just going to get another. I’ll monitor this thread in case you can persuade me otherwise.

Did you just have an argument with yourself?!
No man, Serge of London said Samsung so I had to go against the skinny jeans latte hipster

I agree. It's my front room tv for the Ambilight - great for films and series at night. No need for any lamp and it protects your eyes. However the picture is inferior to my second room tv (Samsung - that I mostly use for gaming) and the menu has at times been slow and clunky. Also the app store on mine is pretty poor. The higher end Phillips do have Android TV and better app stores however. Mine is the 55PUS6804 I believe.
Mine is an android one but it can be clunky. It is canny for gaming but not sure it will do the PS5 I've just ordered justice.

Settled with a little 28 inch Toshiba for now until I find the best deal for a good decent size quality one. Have to be paid off monthly as I'm skint Eastwood atm

Happy with our Samsung - it's a couple of years old now. Great picture. Audio not so good, but got a sound bar with a sub woofer.

Got our son a Toshiba a couple of months ago - it's a lot better than the last Toshiba we bought.

I've got a 55 inch OLED Phillips Ambilight. Its the absolute shit and better than any TV's already mentioned on this thread. 😝

Are OLEDs worth the premium price or only for like people who know about their visuals?

Is it day and night from the sub 500 quid TVs even to the casual person?

LG or Samsung for picture.
Phillips with Ambilight for the experience.
I’m a recent convert to Phillips and have their tellies in two rooms. I now couldn’t bear watching telly without Ambilight now
The tellies I have both have android tv and even that is still clunky but the main tv picture quality is exceptional and Ambilight just makes watching movies and music sooo good
Are OLEDs worth the premium price or only for like people who know about their visuals?

Is it day and night from the sub 500 quid TVs even to the casual person?
Yes
What’s that horror that Samsung have just brought out? Looks like a painting board.

I found this at John Lewis & Partners. What do you think?
Samsung The Serif (2020) QLED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 43 inch with TVPlus & Bouroullec Brothers Design at John Lewis & Partners
That’s truly awful, The Frame was ok but that is horrendous

Last edited:
Tellys just clapped out, what's a good make telly these days and can you get one where you pay monthly for it, without a credit rating??

Help a brother out my fellow smbers..?

Fire away
I've just bought for work a 75" Samsung HDR for £800. Great value, it has loads of channels built in, more than free view

I watch the programmes not the TV set so as long as I can see the picture ok and hear the sound I’m happy.

Some folks want 4K and hifi quality audio, I understand that but I’m not bothered.

My mate gave me a sound bar - it’s called a Rok or something like that. I’ve never used it. Are they any good. I generally don’t have the tv very loud so can’t imagine I’d need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back