Good TV series to binge on?

Just finished watching the series. It’s slow paced, atmospheric, beautifully shot, well acted, clever and intriguing. I’d seen the film so recalled a lot of key plot elements but this still seemed fresh even though, or maybe because, it was a quieter, calmer and, to my mind, more suspenseful creation.

If you want pace and action and explosions, you’ll not be engaged. I was.
You have read a lot into my one simple sentence and gave a rather pompous reply
Just finished watching the series. It’s slow paced, atmospheric, beautifully shot, well acted, clever and intriguing. I’d seen the film so recalled a lot of key plot elements but this still seemed fresh even though, or maybe because, it was a quieter, calmer and, to my mind, more suspenseful creation.

If you want pace and action and explosions, you’ll not be engaged. I was.
I'm glad you agree that it is slow paced and you gave a good synopsis of the series.

IMHO your last sentence comes over as a bit pompous. It is possible for someone to engage with a slow burner and enjoy action series too.

You have read a lot into my one simple sentence and gave a rather pompous reply

I'm glad you agree that it is slow paced and you gave a good synopsis of the series.

IMHO your last sentence comes over as a bit pompous. It is possible for someone to engage with a slow burner and enjoy action series too.

I think you telling me that I was being pompous and reading things into the intention of my final sentence that wasn’t intended is a bit rude, condescending and unnecessary but then I suppose that’s a bit of a pompous thing to say.
Late edit:

I just re-read your comment “You have read a lot into my one simple sentence and gave a rather pompous reply” and couldn’t for the life of me understand what your were talking about.

So I searched back and realised that what was actually me agreeing with you about it being slow paced and commenting on my eventual reaction to it being slow paced was taken by you as a criticism of your comment. It wasn’t.

And then I realised that the reason you thought I was being ‘pompous’ was because I was talking about YOU in that final sentence. I wasn’t.

So. Sorry that you’ve taken my general comments so personally and sorry that I didn’t realise that was the case and that, in my nonplussed state, I got a bit defensive.

Maybe I’ve been on the politics forum a bit much. Maybe I’ve been on here too much. Maybe I should just keep my opinions about tv programmes to myself so I don’t offend anyone.

Last edited:
Aye! I thought Jessica Gunning ( Martha ) was brilliant, she terrified me!

Donny, what a weak, pathetic twat! I found myself shouting at the TV, telling him to get bloody sorted ffs!

8/10 from me 👍
Episode 4 is brutal. You can see it coming a mile off but it's a tough watch when it arrives.

Just started Fallout. Loved the games and this is bang on the style and humour of those games. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
On to ep 4 and I must say I'm hooked. I can't remember much of the games but this is going to be special.

Walton Goggins steals the show as the Ghoul. Always loved his stuff ever since The Shield and Justified.

Last edited:

Back