Good TV series to binge on?

Up to date on Shogun. Really good even though, strangely, not a lot happens. Lead lady is a dimepiece.

We enjoyed Kin, very good..... but....

I think we are now enjoying Love/Hate more. Once you get past the Byker Grove/Grange Hill budget first series, it improves massively. We're onto series 4 i think and its much better. Might be controversial after what I've read on here but its improved again since Aiden Gilen went out. Nige is f***ing hilarious and awful in equal measures.

Also watched 3 Body Problem. I swear it didn't have an ending. Can't help but feel I wasted six hours on Sunday.

Enjoyed Quiet On Set about the dodgy goings on at Nicolodeon filming studios. Dark but well done documentary. Loved Nic as a kid.

Up to date on Shogun. Really good even though, strangely, not a lot happens. Lead lady is a dimepiece.

We enjoyed Kin, very good..... but....

I think we are now enjoying Love/Hate more. Once you get past the Byker Grove/Grange Hill budget first series, it improves massively. We're onto series 4 i think and its much better. Might be controversial after what I've read on here but its improved again since Aiden Gilen went out. Nige is f***ing hilarious and awful in equal measures.

Also watched 3 Body Problem. I swear it didn't have an ending. Can't help but feel I wasted six hours on Sunday.

Enjoyed Quiet On Set about the dodgy goings on at Nicolodeon filming studios. Dark but well done documentary. Loved Nic as a kid.
Agree with 3 body problem. Thought it was poor. The acting was pretty wooden at times. Expected better.

think we are now enjoying Love/Hate more. Once you get past the Byker Grove/Grange Hill budget first series, it improves massively. We're onto series 4 i think and its much better. Might be controversial after what I've read on here but its improved again since Aiden Gilen went out. Nige is f***ing hilarious and awful in equal measures.
Yep, very much my thoughts on Love/Hate. Liked Gillen's character (better than the one in Kin) but Nidge and Fran are even better

I have watched the first two episodes and it is very slow moving indeed.

Just finished watching the series. It’s slow paced, atmospheric, beautifully shot, well acted, clever and intriguing. I’d seen the film so recalled a lot of key plot elements but this still seemed fresh even though, or maybe because, it was a quieter, calmer and, to my mind, more suspenseful creation.

If you want pace and action and explosions, you’ll not be engaged. I was.

Liked Kin but prefer Love/Hate now. Almost at end of series 4. Starts quite slowly in first series but really gets going from 2nd.

Finished Kin in the week. Brilliant show. Give us a summary what Love:hate is about please.

I like bit murder, gangster etc but not in the Guy Ritchie Tarantino style. My fave has been the Wire and Top Boy. I like them type , gritty and realistic.

Finished Kin in the week. Brilliant show. Give us a summary what Love:hate is about please.

I like bit murder, gangster etc but not in the Guy Ritchie Tarantino style. My fave has been the Wire and Top Boy. I like them type , gritty and realistic.
If you like The Wire and Top Boy, you will probably like Love/Hate. It's focused more on younger characters than Kin. It's certainly gritty and realistic and has unexpected twists. Basically, Dublin drugs gang warfare with rival gangs and internal power struggles. I recommend it, the Italian series Gomorrah is also similar. First series is only 4 episodes and a bit slow but stick with it, gets lot better quickly in series 2

Just finished watching the series. It’s slow paced, atmospheric, beautifully shot, well acted, clever and intriguing. I’d seen the film so recalled a lot of key plot elements but this still seemed fresh even though, or maybe because, it was a quieter, calmer and, to my mind, more suspenseful creation.

If you want pace and action and explosions, you’ll not be engaged. I was.
Summed it up well 👍

Which is not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes it's nice to have a long luxurious feast but it also means that you don't want to have another one straight away. Binge-worthy shows are more like fast food where you want another one straight away.

Finished watching Ripley.
We watched 2 episodes a night.

Worth watching for the cinematography and scenery alone.

“ A visual treat “ as they say, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Anyone started watching this Baby Reindeer? :eek:

Aye! I thought Jessica Gunning ( Martha ) was brilliant, she terrified me!

Donny, what a weak, pathetic twat! I found myself shouting at the TV, telling him to get bloody sorted ffs!

8/10 from me 👍

Last edited:
Twisted metal

Not sure so far ,done 6 of 10 episodes like so can't be that bad. Wouldn't recommend watching straight after love hate as this is very childish computer gameish in comparison.

Back