Gomorrah

4th episode wasn't great but the first 3 were class. Canny surprise at the end of episode 3. :eek:

Maybe I'm just looking through rose tinted specs as I love the series but I enjoyed episode 4 tbh. Don Pietro is getting to be one of my favourite TV characters of all time.

No homo but I think Ciro's right hand man is cool as fuck anarl :oops::lol:

Finally got round to watching the first episode of series 2, having just finished it a few minutes ago. Very, very good just as the first series was, immediately had the same gritty and dark feel. Ciro man what a mental case he is.

Wonder how high up in the grand scheme these sort of people are? Just half of them seem right scruffy bastards and have a bit of a street gang feel, unlike Don Pietro who I can imagine actually being a boss.

Been said loads of times as well but it doesn't half make Naples look a grim place. :-O

Finally got round to watching the first episode of series 2, having just finished it a few minutes ago. Very, very good just as the first series was, immediately had the same gritty and dark feel. Ciro man what a mental case he is.

Wonder how high up in the grand scheme these sort of people are? Just half of them seem right scruffy bastards and have a bit of a street gang feel, unlike Don Pietro who I can imagine actually being a boss.

Been said loads of times as well but it doesn't half make Naples look a grim place. :-O

Naples is a grim place by all accounts but this show makes me want to go. It seems to have a grim charm about it.

I worked there for about 6 weeks this year and its f***ing mental

I used to work in Puglia near Bari which was pretty mental and everyone said Naples was 10 times more crazy. I was there for a few days and really liked it and the people I met were nice and friend but it did have an edge and going on the train through the outskirts it looked grim. It wasn't long after I left that the mafia war broke out in 2004 and that spread over to the mafia in Puglia, I remember that there was a lot of outrage over the girl who got killed. The book that the TV series is based on came out a bit after that and I will get it to read at some point, I liked the film too and it looked at it from a few different perspectives.

Would you say it is portrayed realistically?

It mainly shows certain districts where the mafia families have their strongholds and it doesn't show much of the center and there are some very rich parts to it too. I get the feeling it shows life in those areas pretty well except for the obvious drama of the plot but there were about 60 people killed in 18 months after the mafia war broke out in 2004.

Last edited:

Back