Golf 2024 official thread

Off to this place for 9 days, flying out on Saturday

What was your sons name again mate, was flicking through decembers ne golf magazine n sure he featured.
Also learnt the wife at the top of golf england golfs at hpool, 1 mile away from me.

Cracking weekend at Slaley Hall. When you use to knocking about knotty hill and Thorsten you feel like you've been ten round with Tyson playing them two courses mind, especially with the wind:lol: Cracking set up with that Claret Jug, footy, grand national then the masters all on the box.. Another top weekend with good company. Roll on September for the next one
We stopped up there for a long weekend September last year and thought it was great for the deal we got. And like you said it's a bit of a step up after playing Knotty etc.

As I've not joined anywhere yet I think I'll be looking for more places like this and just getting in 2/3 rounds on short stay and play deals.

Last edited:
Ping G730’s ordered after the fitting this morning. Wasn’t much to choose between them and the t300’s from Titleist, apart from the Β£200+ difference in price. The Titleists being forged felt lovely but can’t justify paying over a grand for some irons.
Hopefully get the pings next week and get to try them out

Cracking weekend at Slaley Hall. When you use to knocking about knotty hill and Thorsten you feel like you've been ten round with Tyson playing them two courses mind, especially with the wind:lol: Cracking set up with that Claret Jug, footy, grand national then the masters all on the box.. Another top weekend with good company. Roll on September for the next one

What sort of condition were the courses in mate? I’m on a trip up there next weekend. Any mats? Trolleys allowed etc?

Back