Golf 2024 official thread

Got to throston last night n closed.

Lad seen my sad little face in the car park n allowed just me n me pal on back 9 😂

Just sorted out the beginnings of another trip to Machrihanish later this year with booking some accommodation.
I'm planning on going there next year. What do you do for accomodation ? The Ugadale and the Royal look outrageously expensive, are you doing Air Bnb ?

I'm planning on going there next year. What do you do for accomodation ? The Ugadale and the Royal look outrageously expensive, are you doing Air Bnb ?
We have booked three different cottages in the area through cottages.com over the three trips we have organised as I prefer the self contained accommodation with a lounge area for relaxation over a few evening drinks.

I can't stop lifting my bastard head up. I've been playing for years and got down to 12 last year but it's getting worse. It's actually embarrassing. I don't know anyone else who does it as much as me. It's completely ruining my game. The more I try to keep it down the worse it gets. Any cures plz cos I'm at me wits end.

Played 9 at Ramside this morning , spent most of our time looking for plugged balls on fairways that are too soft to cut properly .

Give it another month of dry weather before you think of playing there is the only advice I can offer.

As an aside Netflix Full swing is well worth a watch .

Played 9 at Ramside this morning , spent most of our time looking for plugged balls on fairways that are too soft to cut properly .

Give it another month of dry weather before you think of playing there is the only advice I can offer.

As an aside Netflix Full swing is well worth a watch .
Following sad news about burgham buster im going to ravensworth tomorrow, had membership there 18 years ago (i know i dont look old enough).

What do you think your club golfer +1 handicapper would go round Sawgrass in? Say average score after five rounds playing the championship set up

Rick Sheils played one round off the blue tees and was 6 over par (he played really well)

Add a few shots to that if playing from the championship tees.

I’d score around 120 on a good day 😬

Back