Golf 2024 official thread

Had a great day at Seahouses on Saturday at their open.
Forgot what a great back 9 it is, especially the 2 par 3’s over the inlet & the beach.
An average 36 points for our pair, with 47 winning it !
I know the lads from Boldon all went, you part of that group?

Forgot what a great back 9 it is, especially the 2 par 3’s over the inlet & the beach.

Went to Dunstanburgh years ago to play ( you could just turn up back in the day )only to find out there was a ladies open taking the course for the day.

Irene who ran the place got us on at Seahouses GC for nowt as a favour.

Drove to Seahouses to find I’d left me clubs at Dunstanburgh.

Had to race back pick them up and get back pronto.

Mind was all over the place , played like a twat , decided unfairly it was a shit course, so I’ve never been back.

My son is texting me from the course now in a reet fettle. Playing newbiggin with his mate and stuck behind a load of old gadgies, nee intention of letting them through although pointless as that many, said they are that slow when he is on tee still 2 fourballs on the hole. Nigh on 2 hours and now on the 7th tee box..gerrrin 😂😂😂. Reckons at one point the collective age of golfers on the hole was well past 500.😂. Reckons they are oblivious and zero fucks given.
Apologies to a seniors at Newbiggin. Actualy got arses into gear and flew round the back 9. 😃

“Played” in it myself

Seen some lad hit the pin on the 10th and it went in the water then the poor lad walked off the green and got twatted in the arm by someone teeing off as he walked off the green

47 yeah was some back 9 by the lad off 8 in that pairing
Went to Dunstanburgh years ago to play ( you could just turn up back in the day )only to find out there was a ladies open taking the course for the day.

Irene who ran the place got us on at Seahouses GC for nowt as a favour.

Drove to Seahouses to find I’d left me clubs at Dunstanburgh.

Had to race back pick them up and get back pronto.

Mind was all over the place , played like a twat , decided unfairly it was a shit course, so I’ve never been back.

Ah the holes over the road are stupid mind with 8 people playing from the same fairway

Last edited:
“Played” in it myself

Seen some lad hit the pin on the 10th and it went in the water then the poor lad walked off the green and got twatted in the arm by someone teeing off as he walked off the green

47 yeah was some back 9 by the lad off 8 in that pairing

Ah the holes over the road are stupid mind with 8 people playing from the same fairway

That was a tough pin position on 10 mind.
I was on the bank at the back of the green and was terrified of chipping it straight across the green into the water
How did you get on ?
Yeah those two holes 4th & 7th with the shared fairway were ridiculous.
There was 16 people on there at one point ! 8 on the 2 greens and 8 waiting on the fairway🤣

Last edited:
That was a tough pin position on 10 mind.
I was on the bank at the back of the green and was terrified of chipping it straight across the green into the water
How did you get on ?
Yeah those two holes 4th & 7th with the shared fairway were ridiculous.
There was 16 people on there at one point ! 8 on the 2 greens and 8 waiting on the fairway🤣

Yeah first of our fourball on 10 ended up on the 16th green 😂 I hit the bank and rolled down about 3 foot on the green then putted it off the green

Played up at Beamish yesterday. First time I’ve played there and first time I’ve golfed on my own. Enjoyed the latter way more than I thought I would.
there is little opportunity for improvement. Need at least a full week of no rain just to allow the ground to cope then start to dry out. But its just getting topped up every other day with the rain so its going to be a soggy spring
Going to be well into May before courses dry out if the long forecast is to be believed. It’s been spot on so far this year

Played up at Beamish yesterday. First time I’ve played there and first time I’ve golfed on my own. Enjoyed the latter way more than I thought I would.

Going to be well into May before courses dry out if the long forecast is to be believed. It’s been spot on so far this year
Rare i golf on my own now but whats not to like.
Id sooner do that than miss out.

Just wasn’t sure how much I’d be arsed without anyone to crack on with. It was quite peaceful really
Can really clear the mind and has helped me with stress etc. Being a member nearby it can get to 7pm in summer n i can think fuck it ill do 6 holes.
Had membership at beamish like 20 yr back!

Back