Golf 2023

What is this on sky golf. Champions cup. Ryder cup style contest for oldies, USA, Europe and rest of world.

playing 6 balls man with some kind of points scoring stapleford bollocks.

I’m on the points scheme at Ramside , only had two rounds there since August.

None of our group is really happy there but nobody is talking about moving…..yet.
Can't do anything about it though tbh. Drainage is in and working but nowhere for it to fo, water table is full all over. Frustrating, yes but it's the same in most places unless you are on the coast.
Our group normally play midweek, booking a tee isn’t normally a problem, but I’ve heard so many people complaining about various things about the courses and the place in general.

Unfortunately JA doesn’t play golf to see the problems for himself.
New course manager in Shaun will see massive improvements in the course this season. All.new thinking, modern technologies and groundstaff that want to work for him, not like the previous regime.

Last edited:
Can't do anything about it though tbh. Drainage is in and working but nowhere for it to fo, water table is full all over. Frustrating, yes but it's the same in most places unless you are on the coast.

New course manager in Shaun will see massive improvements in the course this season. All.new thinking, modern technologies and groundstaff that want to work for him, not like the previous regime.

Hi shawzy , how’s it going ?

There is a place in Boldon that does shafts only, I'll find out and PM you. Although how you snapped a shaft I'll never know
No idea mate, great drive up the middle n head just landed on floor behind me.

Titanium stiff is what was on them.

Used my mates same driver rest of round, his shafts:

I seemed to hit it miles better than mine.
Give one of these a go. No chance of it breaking.
Logon or register to see this image
Probably win the sweep with them!

Last edited:
Here's one for you folks.

I've just found out that you can literally walk onto the old course St Andrews and play for free on Xmas day.

We had a big family do up there this year but didn't have my clubs with me or I would have done.

Back