Golf 2023

Same as always everyone. Post your fave courses your gripes and hopes for the new year. Personally from me I wish you all a happy 2023. I've only got one aim this year and that is to break that dreaded 80.... Came very close last year had 2. 81s and got to the 16th at aberdour while on 67 but bad light meant we couldn't continue......gutted.

Ideally play some great courses, Scotland way with the lads, planning that now. At my best I was hitting low 80’s but haven’t been playing much 2022, so getting back to that level would be great.

First off is to decide which club if any I join, not sure where I'll be living in the near future so may just dodge about.

Gone from playing 4/5 times a week when I was living in the States to playing once in the last 3 months so I've got to start getting out a bit more and give two fingers to the shit weather 😜

I'd love to actually play in Scotland, and at St Andrews, though to be honest I'm not a bucket list golf person so any course that's new to me is always a fun thing to do. After that, just to be more consistent and break par for once.

Happy New Year @Iballistic George and all you fellow golfers on here.

Venturing out this morning for a knock and can’t wait.

Hope to try and get down from 18 to 15 this year and to win another club competition.
Now I’m retired I’m hoping to get to play a lot more this year.

finally took up playing after years of saying i would. probably got into it the wrong time of the year as only got 4 full rounds in before the weather turned and haven't picked up a club for the last 5/6 weeks. did take out membership at Heworth so looking to start playing regularly again over the next few weeks. the lads i play with have said just wait until 'winter golf' is over before setting any goals. my immediate goal is to find a go to club for consistently getting off the tee as i just can't get away with driver. okay with irons off the deck i just dread getting away. i will get lessons and look to learn properly at some point but i just want to enjoy the game being new and teeing up constantly thinking I'm going to duff this isn't fun :lol:

I am hopeless a golf and to be honest I have no real interest in it.

I once paid for golf lessons and at the end of the course the instructor advised me to cut about ten inches off the length of all of my clubs.

I asked him if he thought that this would help me with my game. He said "No" but I would find it a darn sight easier to get them into the bin.

This is a great story

:lol: I don't know if I would just keep quiet and turn up, or let the right Scott Stallings know and hope for a free trip to watch.

It doesn't do much to counter the "old farts at ANGC" tag that's frequently used to describe the membership though.

Back