Golf 2023

Played yesterday at DCGC , cold but fresh with it , thought we’d miss the bad weather.

Teed off on the par 5 14 th , then walked into a blizzard to pick our balls up , couldn’t have been much further from the club house if we’d tried.

Didn’t really feel cold till I got home , fuck me I was nithered.

Good review boss.

Il deffo play every competition like.
Do you get access to comps.
Nar mate. I can’t really commit at weekends much hence the evenings working great for me with it being so quiet.

If I flip back into weekend golf I’d probably go back to Heworth as few marras play the Saturday comps and my son plays there now.

But likewise I’d love a full year at close before moving back but at £210 don’t think I can justify it. Me marras wouldn’t pay it either. Our lass tells me to do it like.

Nar mate. I can’t really commit at weekends much hence the evenings working great for me with it being so quiet.

If I flip back into weekend golf I’d probably go back to Heworth as few marras play the Saturday comps and my son plays there now.

But likewise I’d love a full year at close before moving back but at £210 don’t think I can justify it. Me marras wouldn’t pay it either. Our lass tells me to do it like.
I know. That’s the problem I have. Houghton on the doorstep for about £600 and a few mates and fil play there.
Heeds battered.

Mind I don’t think they’d be happy me rocking up in my rusty work van.

That’s their green fee going up

Talking about that video yesterday, over half a million views , if 10% of those viewers choose to play it’ll be chaos trying to get booked as it’s busy enough as it is .
I know. That’s the problem I have. Houghton on the doorstep for about £600 and a few mates and fil play there.
Heeds battered.

Mind I don’t think they’d be happy me rocking up in my rusty work van.

Houghton is far better value for money than CH , play with your mates on the doorstep is the sensible answer, otherwise you might end up like nobby no mates aka @Motor City Cobra and end up playing by yourself.

Last edited:
Talking about that video yesterday, over half a million views , if 10% of those viewers choose to play it’ll be chaos trying to get booked as it’s busy enough as it is .

Houghton is far better value for money than CH , play with your mates on the doorstep is the sensible answer, otherwise you might end up like nobby no mates aka @Motor City Cobra and end up playing by yourself.
It water logs after a sun shower man. :lol:

I’ve played Ramside twice since August due to the wet conditions, be surprised if anyone is daft enough to renew full membership there next year.
Heard today its been shut loads. And when open you can hardly book a round.
I remember someone of here stops up till midnight on a friday to get a sat morn slot a week after!

Shite.

Heard today its been shut loads. And when open you can hardly book a round.
I remember someone of here stops up till midnight on a friday to get a sat morn slot a week after!

Shite.

Our group normally play midweek, booking a tee isn’t normally a problem, but I’ve heard so many people complaining about various things about the courses and the place in general.

Unfortunately JA doesn’t play golf to see the problems for himself.

Our group normally play midweek, booking a tee isn’t normally a problem, but I’ve heard so many people complaining about various things about the courses and the place in general.

Unfortunately JA doesn’t play golf to see the problems for himself.
He once chose another contractor over me so naturally i despise that bastard! 😉

Shields Whitburn have held up okay. How did close house hold up @Motor City Cobra
Filly been spot on all the way through til October. Not played in nov.

Sometimes have to close the 7/8th as up and down hill.

Few fairways can hold the water a bit and affects the grass like the second and third.
But overall March to Oct not sure ever been closed in my 4/5 years bar Covid. I’m sure a day here and there when torrential like. Can’t remember. .

Back