Golf 2022

Last summer my mate chipped from the rough, downhill on 17th at throston, into the hole, 50/60 yards, he was going round in about 120 at the time. Mentions it every pissing week 😂
I got a hole in 1 at cocken Lodge hole4, when a 1st started playing, it rolled across the floor and rimmed the green 1st, the lads are sick of the story....
Never been close to 1 in the 4 years since

Anyone know whether the ramside have any deals on? Played a few times before lockdown and they had a 2ball+buggy on for 50 quid

Hi all,

Sure this has been done to death but I'm going to ask anyway...

I'm pretty much a total beginner. As a kid I used to hit some balls in the fields round the back of my grandads with him but other than that never.

How do I start? I've got a mate (also a total novice) who is interested in us both trying to pick it up.

Is it lessons? Stick to the driving range? where do you pick up the rules of getting round a course? How many lessons before you think you're ready to get on the course?
Do they tend to provide equipment for lessons etc etc etc!

Literally any useful info appreciated!

Hi all,

I'm pretty much a total beginner. As a kid I used to hit some balls in the fields round the back of my grandads with him but other than that never.

How do I start? I've got a mate (also a total novice) who is interested in us both trying to pick it up.

Is it lessons? Stick to the driving range? where do you pick up the rules of getting round a course? How many lessons before you think you're ready to get on the course?

Can yous get to hartlepool mate? My course is dead laid back if yous wanted a taster in a chilled environment.

Hi all,

I found videoing my myself on the range was very useful for feedback, I would verbally say to the camera if the strike was good, or fat, or sliced etc, then studied what my body was doing on those shots.
If they have machine feedback on the shots even better.
Nothing beats being on the course really, but getting a repeatable swing is a good start.

I found videoing my myself on the range was very useful for feedback, I would verbally say to the camera if the strike was good, or fat, or sliced etc, then studied what my body was doing on those shots.
If they have machine feedback on the shots even better.
Nothing beats being on the course really, but getting a repeatable swing is a good start.
Yeah ive spent some time on ranges before but just never had the confidence to then get on a course.
I suppose a combination of being a complete beginner on my own and just having no idea of how/when to start on courses rather than just whacking balls from a range, and the etiquette too I suppose. It's quite daunting I think

Yeah ive spent some time on ranges before but just never had the confidence to then get on a course.
I suppose a combination of being a complete beginner on my own and just having no idea of how/when to start on courses rather than just whacking balls from a range, and the etiquette too I suppose. It's quite daunting I think
Lots of experienced players are the worst when it comes to etiquette tbh.
Repairs your divots, especially on the greens.
If someone is behind you and it is clear in front of you, let them play through when you have to go looking for your ball in the rough again.
They are the only rules people care about I think.
But most people are really friendly and understand we all start somewhere.
After all, if you can't be happy on the course why the hell are you doing it.

Hi all,

Get in touch with a local pro and start with a group of lessons for the basics , then as you progress book a playing lesson with him and play nine holes together.

Money well spent.

Hi all,

Start with lessons, most pros have group sessions covering the basics, use the driving range until you can hit 150 yards consistently before moving onto the course, maybe start with a pitch and putt course.

Hi all,

Definitely get some lessons, take a pro's advice for learning how to set up and swing consistently and practice those techniques. If those lessons also include the short game, when you do get on the course, you'll save a load of shots around the green.

I think since my club opened a short game practice area and I had a couple of lessons there, I have become so much more confident in bunkers and when chipping.

Lots of experienced players are the worst when it comes to etiquette tbh.
Repairs your divots, especially on the greens.
If someone is behind you and it is clear in front of you, let them play through when you have to go looking for your ball in the rough again.
They are the only rules people care about I think.
But most people are really friendly and understand we all start somewhere.
After all, if you can't be happy on the course why the hell are you doing it.
Divots on greens :eek:

Hi all,

Get lessons for the basics. Grip, set up, posture etc. Wish I had when younger.

Then maybe local 9 hole course or a particularly short municipal to give you some confidence. Maybe book the first tee time so you can skip ahead a couple of holes so nobody around . ( or play the filly, again last night course was empty, brilliant)

The reality is nobody really gives a shit if you top it on the first tee or shank it in the first par 3. I reckon literally every player has experienced it at some point.

Based down in Milton Keynes/Northampton sadly mate but appreciate that offer!
Believe it or not I played in Milton Keynes last night 😂

This place is an absolute steal mate, Ive played it half a dozen times now. Dead laid back, driving range, im sure theyl sort lessons too…

Back