Golf 2022

Went out in 23 points at Sharpley last night, came back in for 12 only scored 4 points by the 15th. Lost me head.

Much rather have a shite front 9 and then a good back 9 rather than the other way round. Don't walk off the course pissed off
I had the opposite at Sharpley a few years ago, played the front 9 in +15, then the back 9 in +1. Had to get par on the 18th for my first ever level par score for 9 holes, and got bogey (still never achieved it). I've always found that a tough finishing hole. Playing there on Sunday for the first time in ages, hoping this rain will make the greens and surrounds a bit more receptive.

Went out in 23 points at Sharpley last night, came back in for 12 only scored 4 points by the 15th. Lost me head.

Much rather have a shite front 9 and then a good back 9 rather than the other way round. Don't walk off the course pissed off

I had a mad as fuck round on wednesday 34 points played 14 holes like a scratch golfer then 4 like an absolute cretin :lol:

Right lads, a play maybe once a week, 100 is my best so I'm shite, what is the crack with this point game yous speak of?

Right lads, a play maybe once a week, 100 is my best so I'm shite, what is the crack with this point game yous speak of?
it's called stableford, it's supposed to level out the game. Explanation here
If you finish on 36 points you've played to your handicap, score more than 36, you've done better than your handicap and obviously less is worse than your handicap.

Just a points game that makes it fairer. So if you are a high handicapper, depending on what your handicap is you will likely get an extra shot on every hole, sometimes 2 shots on the harder holes of the course.

Then if you are playing a lower handicapper he may not get an extra shot on any/or some holes.

So say you are playing a hole and on that hole you get 2 shots extra to play with ands its a par 4, you can shoot 6 and you would get 2 points as it is 'nett par'. If you shoot it in 5 you would get 3 points as it would be a 'nett birdie'. If you shot it in 7 shots it would be a 'nett bogey so just 1 point. I you did it in 4 shots its a 'nett eagle' so you get 4 points.

Then if your opponent is a low handicapper he may only get the 1 shot extra or no extra shots so makes it a bit fairer. after the 18 the highest points total wins
I had the opposite at Sharpley a few years ago, played the front 9 in +15, then the back 9 in +1. Had to get par on the 18th for my first ever level par score for 9 holes, and got bogey (still never achieved it). I've always found that a tough finishing hole. Playing there on Sunday for the first time in ages, hoping this rain will make the greens and surrounds a bit more receptive.
good effort plus +1 on the back 9 like some hard holes. some fun short par 4s as well which are reachable in 1 on a good day.

agreed, I hate the finishing hole always a double bogey minimum for me

Last edited:
Was asking my dads mates what they go round in, but they play ā€œin the chairā€. Id never heard of it. Basically first hole your battling out to be ā€œin the chairā€ then only the person in can get a point a whole, or have chair took off him.

You must get to a certain age where you just cant be arsed to log scores etc all day šŸ˜‚
Sounds canny though. Often just 1 point wins the day!

Was asking my dads mates what they go round in, but they play ā€œin the chairā€. Id never heard of it. Basically first hole your battling out to be ā€œin the chairā€ then only the person in can get a point a whole, or have chair took off him.

You must get to a certain age where you just cant be arsed to log scores etc all day šŸ˜‚
Sounds canny though. Often just 1 point wins the day!
That's basically just a skins game without skins building up I think.
We sometimes do skins if there's only 3 of us, just something a bit different and can be interesting when theres a few rollovers

Back