Golf 2022

Nice one. I’ve probably jinked mesel now taking the piss Ffs
@Major @buster

Tee 4.50pm
Quite jealous that you can start a round so late in the day. Last round here begins at 3:30 even in the summer once you get to 7:00/7:30 you are starting to lose the light.
My handicap is dropping to its lowest level tomorrow. Struggled today on the greens but a 77 was replaced by a 75 and i'll now be 2.7.
Right out of my comfort mode.
Honestly not sure what to make of my handicap. Started playing in March and felt good enough to start keeping an eye on my scoring and handicap towards the start of June. In the 9 rounds I have played since it shows my handicap at 22 (which I know isn't great) but I am really not sure what I should be aiming for given how short a time I have been playing. I have been seeing a downward scoring total which peaked with an 89 while on holiday in Florida but most of my rounds at the moment are around 93-96 - short game and putting are pretty decent, my driving is awful though. Slicing to the right a lot (although I am not topping as many as I did at first).

Last edited:
Quite jealous that you can start a round so late in the day. Last round here begins at 3:30 even in the summer once you get to 7:00/7:30 you are starting to lose the light.

Honestly not sure what to make of my handicap. Started playing in March and felt good enough to start keeping an eye on my scoring and handicap towards the start of June. In the 9 rounds I have played since it shows my handicap at 22 (which I know isn't great) but I am really not sure what I should be aiming for given how short a time I have been playing. I have been seeing a downward scoring total which peaked with an 89 while on holiday in Florida but most of my rounds at the moment are around 93-96 - short game and putting are pretty decent, my driving is awful though. Slicing to the right a lot (although I am not topping as many as I did at first).
Like everything else, if you put the time into anything you'll get better. I generally play around 4 or 5 times a week. But around a month ago I played 9 games in 11 days. Everything has just clicked since. Although I'm now struggling massively with plantar fictitious. I had to play with a buggy today.

Like everything else, if you put the time into anything you'll get better. I generally play around 4 or 5 times a week. But around a month ago I played 9 games in 11 days. Everything has just clicked since. Although I'm now struggling massively with plantar fictitious. I had to play with a buggy today.
Cracking autocorrect. You bloody hypochondriac!

The best advice I ever got when I was a serial slicer of the ball was “have you ever tried to hook it?”

Last edited:
Just got back from a society day at Sharpley, 3 birdies in a round of 84. Disappointed with the greens, they always used to be in tip top condition, but today I found them slow and bumpy, rest of the course was spot on, good to see they've lengthened a couple of the holes by moving the tee boxes right back

Back