Golf 2022

Has anyone had any experiences with Cobra Radspeed clubs?

I only started playing again last year (after 15 years off) with a set of Dunlop clubs borrowed from the neighbour but now I've really got the bug, I'd started to think about putting money away for my own set.

A friend of a friend has a full set of Cobra Radspeed and bag that he's only had since last June and has given me first refusal for £800 but would like an answer by next week.

Handicap is around 22 so no doubt they'll be better than the Dunlop's. Are most of the game improvement irons pretty similar and I should snap his hand off or is there a chance they'll be completely wrong for me?

Cheers

Has anyone had any experiences with Cobra Radspeed clubs?

I only started playing again last year (after 15 years off) with a set of Dunlop clubs borrowed from the neighbour but now I've really got the bug, I'd started to think about putting money away for my own set.

A friend of a friend has a full set of Cobra Radspeed and bag that he's only had since last June and has given me first refusal for £800 but would like an answer by next week.

Handicap is around 22 so no doubt they'll be better than the Dunlop's. Are most of the game improvement irons pretty similar and I should snap his hand off or is there a chance they'll be completely wrong for me?

Cheers

£800 seems steep for a set of clubs that are effectively 2nd hand.
If you’re serious I’d go and get properly fitted for a set as there’s so many factors to consider such as your height, hand size, handicap, swing speed and plane.
You may end up paying the same but at least you’ll have the peace of mind that they are custom made for you.

Last edited:
If you’re serious I’d go and get properly fitted for a set as there’s so many factors to consider such as your height, hand size, handicap, swing speed and plane.
You may end up paying the same but at least you’ll have the peace of mind that they are custom made for you.
Was a place just north of the tunnel who done clone clubs ie same science as big names, full irons £199 fitted, ages back but think they help me.

Back in the swing of things, 12 over on Sunday with a couple of double bogeys due to poor course management. Hopefully follow it up with another good round on the weekend.

Same as usual folks. All things golf related for us to chat about. What's your plans what courses are you playing what's your realistic handicap hopes etc etc.

This year for me it's to get into single figures. Started the year off round about 19 finished off at 11.2 so I've for to knock off 2. Gonna take some lessons cos my putting is shocking tbh and the Mrs wants to come along and learn to play too.
Get yourself a Putt Out matt. Used one over lockdown and could not believe the improvement to my putting when out on the course. Still can't 👌 Massively better from repetition without even realising it at the time

Joining some seniors for a texas scramble tomorrow.
Not a fan of comps/playing with strangers, bet im fecking garbage! 😂

Joining some seniors for a texas scramble tomorrow.
Not a fan of comps/playing with strangers, bet im fecking garbage! 😂

Texas scramble will take the pressure off you I don’t mind them once in awhile

If it’s a full set up with driver and that I’d bite his hand off personally

Last edited:
If it’s a full set up with driver and that I’d bite his hand off personally
Yeah - Driver, 3w, 4h, 5-GW, putter and bag. Trying to see if I can get a fitting a local club this weekend and see what I'd need and then see if the cobra's fall into that. Don't fancy spending 800 quid for them not to do me too much good in the long run.

Yeah - Driver, 3w, 4h, 5-GW, putter and bag. Trying to see if I can get a fitting a local club this weekend and see what I'd need and then see if the cobra's fall into that. Don't fancy spending 800 quid for them not to do me too much good in the long run.
Surely your pal will let you try the Cobra's before buying? The best way of trying is to give them an outing on a golf course.

Yes mate, I got the irons and the driver 1st, which I like, hence me buying that bastard🤮😂

I've the irons hence the 3wood purchase - tried the big Bertha hybrids and sold them to go back to my cobra I couldn't get them off the floor
Surely your pal will let you try the Cobra's before buying? The best way of trying is to give them an outing on a golf course.

I've got the bug back 😂

Back