Golf 2022

early 90 to 100....my 9 iron is around 150 😂😎

the lad in their was a reet arsehole last time I was in, just fking rude. Our lass was telling me to let it go. Nee chance.

Got two midweek rdo next 2 weeks, sorted for next week and playing the filly early doors on Thursday 3rd, but appreciate that a hike for you Marra.....anyone fancies a knock @Major give is a shout, @Old Prestonian if your a doubter come and see 😉, although take a few yards of for the cold, I’m bang a average btw.
Let you know mate, im free that day at the minute. How early is early? 😂

Aye they were pricks with me over something down there. Think I took my whole bag into driving range n they were twisting. Last week 3 of them were sorting a garmin refund for a lad while about 8 fecking people waited for tokens. Something in the air down there! 😉

Let you know mate, im free that day at the minute. How early is early? 😂

Aye they were pricks with me over something down there. Think I took my whole bag into driving range n they were twisting. Last week 3 of them were sorting a garmin refund for a lad while about 8 fecking people waited for tokens. Something in the air down there! 😉
8am like hinny.....

First round of the year at the Filly. Not played since November. Not even swung a club. First fairway shot was a 1 ft divot with a wedge that nearly went 10 yards😎

Got a bit better after that but didn’t feel
Confident On tee box. Gonna have a session on top tracer to focus and get rhythm back.

But great to get out.
IIRC, he hits his 60 degree about 150 yards.
Around 80 yards good full swing using it today, obviously cold first thing this morning like.

Just what I wanted for the 40-80 yd approach shots.
Ok leave with me!
I may be able
To do your gaff like.

Last edited:
Got a tee booked 11.15 tomorrow morning with a couple of spaces spare if anyone fancies a knock at Whitburn. All normal greens apart from No.14 which is having drainage work done on it.

Went for a lesson last night at the Ramside. My lack of flexibility has basically fucked my swing up. I've been getting it around due to my short game but my long game has been poor.
Is there any decent stretching routines out there for me to try.
I see a chiropractor every 4/5 weeks due back issues, so I'm hoping this would help.

Quick question for the golfers on here..I’m thinking of getting a membership somewhere..either Boldon..Wearside..Whitburn..any pitfalls..plus or minuses before i get one..be spring before I do it..played them all but it’s been a long time since i played.

Quick question for the golfers on here..I’m thinking of getting a membership somewhere..either Boldon..Wearside..Whitburn..any pitfalls..plus or minuses before i get one..be spring before I do it..played them all but it’s been a long time since i played.
Lots of competitions midweek and weekend at Boldon during the summer. Few/none in the winter. Greens are rapid during the summer and nice during the winter. Closed Xmas Day. New greenkeeper has done a fab job, tees are currently being sorted and replaced and bunkers due for re-sand. As per most clubs 99% of the membership is sound. My first year there as a member and I've really enjoyed it.

Lots of competitions midweek and weekend at Boldon during the summer. Few/none in the winter. Greens are rapid during the summer and nice during the winter. Closed Xmas Day. New greenkeeper has done a fab job, tees are currently being sorted and replaced and bunkers due for re-sand. As per most clubs 99% of the membership is sound. My first year there as a member and I've really enjoyed it.
good to see Boldon GC lads posting on here

Thanks for that..Boldon is actually my preferred one..i know a few lads who’ve left there to go to Wearside and I’ve always liked the greens at Whitburn..cheers.

Your best option would be to play each course and choose the one you prefer the most. Gimme a shout if you want a knock at Whitburn, they’re also offering flexi golf if you’re not going to be playing too often

Your best option would be to play each course and choose the one you prefer the most. Gimme a shout if you want a knock at Whitburn, they’re also offering flexi golf if you’re not going to be playing too often
Thanks for that..like i say I’ve played them all quite a bit..probably Whitburn the most..there’s not much in it for me in the which is best stakes..they’re all sort of the same distance away from me..I’ll have a bit more look into it..cheers for the info.

Thanks for that..like i say I’ve played them all quite a bit..probably Whitburn the most..there’s not much in it for me in the which is best stakes..they’re all sort of the same distance away from me..I’ll have a bit more look into it..cheers for the info.
I reckon lad above has a point. Have a look at the comp calendar etc. Will be available in most clubs now. Ie do you wnat to play them, will you a regular week day round and what day, could be a seniors comp day etc. Does it allow shot loads of social clubs at anytime which is f***ing infuriating.

I liked Heworth for that, proper members club ….but got bored with the course and me mate fucked off to Scotland so duffed it.

First round of the year at the Filly. Not played since November. Not even swung a club. First fairway shot was a 1 ft divot with a wedge that nearly went 10 yards😎

Got a bit better after that but didn’t feel
Confident On tee box. Gonna have a session on top tracer to focus and get rhythm back.

But great to get out.

Around 80 yards good full swing using it today, obviously cold first thing this morning like.

Just what I wanted for the 40-80 yd approach shots.

I may be able
To do your gaff like.
Ok mate/all. I can sneak up there most midweek days at the minute.

Back