Golf 2022

Played the welsh national at the vale resortlast week, canny long course like, even off the yellows, lovely resort like and the lake course looked gorgeous.

game still not reet since I played with @buster ffs 😎

got a knock at heworth the Moro.

Played the welsh national at the vale resortlast week, canny long course like, even off the yellows, lovely resort like and the lake course looked gorgeous.

game still not reet since I played with @buster ffs 😎

got a knock at heworth the Moro.

ha ha , nowt to do with me like.

Ravensworth in a charity do for me tomorrow .

Soup and Coffee / 18 holes / some bait afterwards £120 for a four ball , far too cheap.

Didnt want to start individual thread .

Not seen a packed board like BMW. Pity I'm working most of tonight but should get to see finish.

Got xander and crazy as it sounds Stallings at 110/1.

ha ha , nowt to do with me like.

Ravensworth in a charity do for me tomorrow .

Soup and Coffee / 18 holes / some bait afterwards £120 for a four ball , far too cheap.
Was a member there a couple of year buster. Decent enough bar crossing the roads!

Hi all,

Sure this has been done to death but I'm going to ask anyway...

I'm pretty much a total beginner. As a kid I used to hit some balls in the fields round the back of my grandads with him but other than that never.

How do I start? I've got a mate (also a total novice) who is interested in us both trying to pick it up.

Is it lessons? Stick to the driving range? where do you pick up the rules of getting round a course? How many lessons before you think you're ready to get on the course?
Do they tend to provide equipment for lessons etc etc etc!

Literally any useful info appreciated!
Thanks to everyone for the advice, had my first lesson yesterday and loved it.

Turns out what my grandad taught me when I was about 8 was correct and somehow has managed to stick, or at least come back once I got a club in my hand.

Looking forward to a couple more lessons, few hours on the range than having a crack at the par 3 course there.

Played in a howler on Saturday. Very indifferent but starting to get some length back which tells me I’m on the right track. Just need to tighten it up a touch. Made an eagle on a par 4 (bump and run from 60 yards).

4BBB at Roxburghe tomorrow, we got 2nd place last year, hopefully we can go one better this year. My favourite course, weather looks good too!! Unfortunately it was booked long before the fixtures came out

Got my one and only Eagle at Roxburghe.
Holed my 2nd shot on 18 with a 5 wood from the top of the dip.
Felt mint when I walked up and picked the ball out of the cup :lol:
Love the bunkers there, they're the only bunkers I've ever generated backspin from, the sand in them is so good. Just a fantastic track with no 2 holes the same and wonderful undulating greens, just wish it was a bit closer to home.

Love the bunkers there, they're the only bunkers I've ever generated backspin from, the sand in them is so good. Just a fantastic track with no 2 holes the same and wonderful undulating greens, just wish it was a bit closer to home.

The viaduct hole is spectacular like.
It’s a fantastic course to play

Aye Buster. Maybe end of next week. Thursaday any good. Prob could juts get there for 4.15.

@SPUFF @Major fancy it like.
Next week dodgy but back end of following one onwards alright!
Well after walloping my mate for years hes beating me regularly now, 3 times this week here:

The final one, with our sons, I blew a 4 shot lead on the last n launched my 4 iron into a lake 😂

Half hour in 8 foot reeds/black water n re-emerge with it.

We move on.

Last edited:

Back