Golf 2022

Richard Bland too
Both nearly 50 and confirming that the bigger names playing in the Saudi backed events are looking at this as a pre Seniors Tour money grab. I don’t blame Bland at all as his career must have been a struggle for the majority of the time. Westwood can’t need the cash though.

Heading out again today, great thing about being a newbie in the area is that I haven't had to play the same course twice yet. Today I am at Cypress Point in Virginia Beach, like all the courses round here its pretty flat so no real elevation challenge, but looking forward to getting another round in.

Both nearly 50 and confirming that the bigger names playing in the Saudi backed events are looking at this as a pre Seniors Tour money grab. I don’t blame Bland at all as his career must have been a struggle for the majority of the time. Westwood can’t need the cash though.
I can’t say I blame Westwood. He’s been loyal to Europe when plenty of others have spent more time in the USA. Would you not try and cash in if you could if you knew your biggest pay checks were probably behind you?

Played the Seniors Pairs at Whitley Bay today, came tied 5th with 43pts, great course, every hole was different. The par 5 stroke index 1 was a helluva tough hole. First time I've played there, but I'll certainly be back

5 over thru 9 last night tough conditions and I knew level would be a good score (playing off 10). Round looking reasonable then kerblam 3 off the tee, find the bunker in 4, hit the lip in 5, plugged in the bunker in 6, find the next bunker in 7, splash it out to 15 feet in 8 and eventually make 9. What a fuckin tit.

Todays outing was infuriating. We ended up in the train behind a slow foursome and the group behind me kept trying to shoot up on us... That quickly stopped when his drive landed within 4 feet of me taking my shot and I turned around and sent his ball back. Weren't happy, the marshalls came out they apologizes (it was the third time it had happened) and we had a drink after our rounds to show no hard feeling.

Out again tomorrow to try out another course.

I can’t say I blame Westwood. He’s been loyal to Europe when plenty of others have spent more time in the USA. Would you not try and cash in if you could if you knew your biggest pay checks were probably behind you?
Nope. Not if I was as financially comfortable as Westwood. He has been well looked after by both Tours and earned a fantastic amount of money over the years. He should have some appreciation of this.

I've been playing golf more than ever this year, I've definitely seen an improvement in my game, however my driving is so inconsistent. Literally going from slice to draw, I'm trying to change it up and its probably making it worse. Can anyone recommend wheres best to go to get some lessons to sort this out? Cheers
Academy at close house. Brilliant set up. Not to pricey anarl.
Nope. Not if I was as financially comfortable as Westwood. He has been well looked after by both Tours and earned a fantastic amount of money over the years. He should have some appreciation of this.
Garcia going on like a tit last night. Huffy and spitting the dummy because he was on a timer looking for the ball.

‘Can’t wait to leave this tour’
‘Two weeks and I’m out of here’
Type of comments. Grow up man. Piss poor shot and rules are same everywhere.

Last edited:
Academy at close house. Brilliant set up. Not to pricey anarl.

Garcia going on like a tit last night. Huffy and spitting the dummy because he was on a timer looking for the ball.

‘Can’t wait to leave this tour’
‘Two weeks and I’m out of here’
Type of comments. Grow up man. Piss poor shot and rules are same everywhere.

Read the official ruling , put on the clock by a ref who didn’t realise it was on the other side of the water and the clock shouldn’t have started when it did, still penalised him though.

By the way played the Filly on Wednesday, best I’ve seen it .

Phil Mickelson ‘ran up $40 million gambling debts’​

Phil Mickelson ran up a $40 million gambling debt in just four years, according to the author of a new biography of the golfer.
The reigning US PGA champion is officially taking a break from golf after his secret negotiations with the prospective Saudi breakaway bosses were exposed, although many suspect he is actually banned by the PGA Tour.
Alan Shipnuck is the American journalist who revealed Mickelson, 51, had called the Saudis “scary motherf***ers” during a telephone call, as well as admitting he was pushing their project to gain leverage to create better deals with the PGA Tour. Rory McIlroy said Mickelson was “naive, selfish, egotistical and ignorant” as a result, but the scale of his gambling habit may offer an explanation as to why he has been so tempted by the Saudi riches. Mickelson has applied to play in the first tournament of the Saudi-bankrolled LIV Golf Invitational Series at Centurion Club near St Albans in June and has also registered to defend his PGA title at Southern Hills in a fortnight’s time.

Now Shipnuck has offered a teaser before the publication of his book Phil — The Rip-Roaring (And Unauthorised) Biography Of Golf’s Most Colourful Superstar. Writing on the Fire Pit Collective website, he says government officials examined Mickelson’s finances during an insider trading investigation into notorious gambler Billy Walters. Mickelson was a relief defendant in the case and had to repay $1m although he faced no charges.
Shipnuck saus: “Mickelson had gambling losses totaling more than $40 million [about £32.3 million] in the four-year period (2010–14) that was scrutinized. In those prime earning years, his income was estimated to be just north of $40 million a year. That’s an obscene amount of money, but once he paid his taxes (including the California tariffs he publicly railed against), he was left with, what, low-20s? Then he had to cover his plane and mansion(s), plus his agent, caddie, pilots, chef, personal trainer, swing coaches and sundry others. Throw in all the other expenses of a big life — like an actual T-Rex skull for a birthday present — and that leaves, what, $10 million?”
“Per the government audit, that’s roughly how much Mickelson averaged in annual gambling losses. In other words, it’s quite possible he was barely breaking even, or maybe even in the red. And Mickelson’s income dropped considerably during his winless years from 2014 to 17.”
Shipnuck also claims that money was the cause of the 2017 split with his long-term caddie, Jim ‘Bones’ Mackay. Their parting was painted as amicable, but Shipnuck says Mickelson fired Mackay at the Memorial tournament in 2017, with the six-time major winner owing him hundreds of thousands of dollars in back pay.

Todays outing was infuriating. We ended up in the train behind a slow foursome and the group behind me kept trying to shoot up on us... That quickly stopped when his drive landed within 4 feet of me taking my shot and I turned around and sent his ball back. Weren't happy, the marshalls came out they apologizes (it was the third time it had happened) and we had a drink after our rounds to show no hard feeling.

Out again tomorrow to try out another course.
Wow, was two full rounds of golf a mistake... Couldn't get going after playing a lunchtime round yesterday and this morning it was just awful. Hit two decent drives all day, everything was getting topped out as I was trying to put too much into it.

All I want to do now is sleep!!!
Disagree. Like any professional in any field (sporting or not) you look after your own interests (and those of your family) to the best of your ability. Having appreciation for the Euro or PGA Tour can happen when he has retired.

Last edited:
Backed olesen to win euro tour and keegan Bradley pga tour, didn’t think to put a penny on the 4500/1 double though did I :lol: :lol:

Back