Golf 2022

Had a rite carry on this week in preparation for my first ever comp. George washing have lost/deleted my handicap. So had to hand in my three cards at the ramside to get a new handicap.

Anyway after all this hassle I wasn’t allowed to enter the 9 hole cup. So I just played the 9 holes with the 3 other lads who entered. Finished with 17 points in the stableford. I would have finished 3rd.

Anyway I’ll find out over the weekend what my new handicap is.

So I played my first solo round today and I have to admit I really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to go out on my own and whether I was enjoying the social aspect more than the game but I had an absolute blast out there this morning. Got in my head too much trying to blast the ball off the tee and lost 3 balls on the first hole, but by the time I started the back 9 I had started to relax and remembered the tips I have been watching on the videos. After a horrific 53 on the front 9, I scored a 46 on the back 9 to record an 99 and break 100.

Now if I could just be relaxed on the front 9 maybe I could start to make some progress.

So I am driving up to NJ to watch the Play-Off Final in NYC with friends, but on Sunday I have an invite to play Baltusrol Lower and I am absolutely bricking it....

So I played my first solo round today and I have to admit I really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to go out on my own and whether I was enjoying the social aspect more than the game but I had an absolute blast out there this morning. Got in my head too much trying to blast the ball off the tee and lost 3 balls on the first hole, but by the time I started the back 9 I had started to relax and remembered the tips I have been watching on the videos. After a horrific 53 on the front 9, I scored a 46 on the back 9 to record an 99 and break 100.

Now if I could just be relaxed on the front 9 maybe I could start to make some progress.

So I am driving up to NJ to watch the Play-Off Final in NYC with friends, but on Sunday I have an invite to play Baltusrol Lower and I am absolutely bricking it....

You shot 6 more than I did on sat

I’m off 7.4 :lol::oops:

Suffering with golfers elbow at the minute, so taking a month or so off, couldn't have bloody happened in the shitty winter weather

I find the hard part of playing alone is taking your time

Suffering with golfers elbow at the minute, so taking a month or so off, couldn't have bloody happened in the shitty winter weather
I ended up using one of those compression bandage things that you think is for ankles.

Tried all the other type of remedies/contraptions first, but the compression bandage worked best.

Kept using it for a few months after the pain had gone too, was a nice little psychological comfort blanket.

Played in a knockout last night. My handicap should go up after another 3 qualifying rounds - just in time for the tournament season at my club👍

So we agreed at start of round to concede holes but play out to put cards in. Happy days I thought 😎

Played best round ever and woke up this morning to a 1.2 cut 😂

For fuck sake - can’t even cheat properly

playing dunstanburgh next thursday bank holiday

£28 summer food deal
bacon roll... round of golf and pizza/burger and chips after what a bank holiday

bargain
Hope this rain of late has softened the greens, played there last month, and couldn't hold a single green, they were like concrete. Think my stats were something like 70% FIR and 0% GIR. It's still a great course though, always enjoy a round up there, plus the pizzas are spot on

So I realise that as a 46 year old I really have to hit some balls on the driving range before I start playing if I want to improve. Last few rounds I played I have had nightmares getting my swing sorted until around the 7th or 8th hole... This weekend I was lucky enough to be invited to play Baltusrol Lower and the caddy that was with us was awesome at giving me tips on what I am doing wrong. I still shot a 101 but given I started 7,7,8 on the front 9 I will take that.

Things I learnt that I am doing wrong...

Picking up my lead heel in my backswing.
Lifting my head too soon in my forward swing
Stance too wide with my irons and wedges.
holding irons and wedges too high up the shaft...

my putting is ok though....

Won a knockout match midweek playing terrible. Windy conditions which made bogey a good score. I was giving my opponent 4 headstart. I was 3 down going up 17 and came off 18 one up. 2 double bogeys for him. 2 great pars for me. Putted well for a change - new putter going in the bag today though. Scotty phantom x 7.5. Moving away from the blade, I feel a bit more confident looking down at a mallet.

Played today in outstanding conditions, broke 100 so happy with that. Terrified of using my hybrid 3/4i off the deck so really have to learn to hit them as I can’t be hitting my 5i second shot every time

Back