Golf 2021

Bit of advice required here folks

This morning went to play in our medal and we were there in time so as we went to the tee another group of 3 said no we are next. Nope we are 10 am and this went back and forth. Showed them the app booking.

Anyway what happened next was mental. My playing partner said look we aren't fighting over this and went to walk off. One of thier group said you're right we're not fighting cos you'll fukkin lose. Excuse me was the reply yeah you heard you'll fukkin lose.

Complained to pro and sec and both said they weren't getting involved and to sort it out.

Me and mate said right fukk it let's just go home.
On way past I said to the aggressive one cockend behaviour

And he then went for me and kind of punched and grabbed my chest at same time. Cmon then let's fukkin go. I just laughed at him and said you've just assaulted me. Let's go in the car park he said.

Ffs what's happening with the world.

Anyways should I report it or just let it go.

This morning went to play in our medal and we were there in time so as we went to the tee another group of 3 said no we are next. Nope we are 10 am and this went back and forth. Showed them the app booking.

Anyway what happened next was mental. My playing partner said look we aren't fighting over this and went to walk off. One of thier group said you're right we're not fighting cos you'll fukkin lose. Excuse me was the reply yeah you heard you'll fukkin lose.

Complained to pro and sec and both said they weren't getting involved and to sort it out.

And he then went for me and kind of punched and grabbed my chest at same time. Cmon then let's fukkin go. I just laughed at him and said you've just assaulted me. Let's go in the car park he said.

Should of just wrapped a 5iron round his head and tee'd off

Report it. No-one should have to put up with bellend behaviour like that.

Mental that.

Just once or twice Ive been welcomed to a tee by a similar tithead (bit less agressive like).

Pro and Secretary should have done moreC report it to the club and demand some form of action. Assuming all were members?

Report by email to club so there’s a traceable timeline on it , demand a response and ask to see the minutes of any formal meeting going forward, make it clear that you’re not backing down like you did in the car park.

Which club ?

Last edited:
Report by email to club so there’s a traceable timeline on it , demand a response and ask to see the minutes of any formal meeting going forward, make it clear that you’re not backing down like you did in the car park.

Which club ?
Thing is if I'd said aye OK let's go for it then I'd be facing action too. The fact I didn't retaliate helps my cause I think. I had a call from pro saying he's been into the office and apologised for his actions saying he was childish.

My own thoughts on that are he's just trying to cover his arse in case he gets a ban rather than actual be sorry for his knob head like actions. . My playing partner reckons just leave it as he can't be doing with arseholes. I'm left in a bit of a quandary now cause I don't want to let it be but he thinks we should.

Thing is if I'd said aye OK let's go for it then I'd be facing action too. The fact I didn't retaliate helps my cause I think. I had a call from pro saying he's been into the office and apologised for his actions saying he was childish.

My own thoughts on that are he's just trying to cover his arse in case he gets a ban rather than actual be sorry for his knob head like actions. . My playing partner reckons just leave it as he can't be doing with arseholes. I'm left in a bit of a quandary now cause I don't want to let it be but he thinks we should.
The bloke was an utter dick. Don’t let it go.

I take it he’ll be up in front of the committee and have his membership revoked ?

What a tit

Get the twat reported to the club. Behaviour like this is not acceptable on a golf course or in the street. Which club is this at? Violence is not acceptable end of.

Some cracking lads play golf nowadays but there is a smattering of f***ing arseholes.
I drink in a proper club and piss mesell at the ongoing politics/warnings etc.
Bunch of fecking bairns.
Id sooner play a hackers course.

Could you not have just let them play then go after them?

Not acceptable imo as the organisers of the competition … I’d be more annoyed at the club than the assaulter tbh

And what about the next tee time? Delay all the next tee times.

Shouldn’t have to and why should he take that shit.
It sounds better than not playing

We were a two they were a three so we would have been held up all the way around and besides it was our tee time so we were going on time.
Yeah fair enough mate just sounds like it all got out of hand for something that looks like it could have been solved fairly easily

Back