Golf 2021

George Washington was a joke this morning. Turned up 15 minutes before our tee time and the que in the first tee was about 20 people deep. Back log was due to a society group. Was an extra 30 minutes wait to get going. Fucked it off and only got to play the back 9.
It’s a car crash that place. I turn 5 mins before as requested and 5 mins late I’m teeing off.

Quick one I'm after a new putter and a driver - I live near Penshaw is there somewhere people could recommend to get measured etc so I'm not blowing my money on clubs that dont fit online?

Quick one I'm after a new putter and a driver - I live near Penshaw is there somewhere people could recommend to get measured etc so I'm not blowing my money on clubs that dont fit online?

American Golf just past the dog track in Boldon or Golfworx at Boldon Golf Club...

Golf back today in Ireland for the first time since December! Wish I had taken a day off to play, its a cracking day out there. Playing Thursday and Saturday, might wear a helmet with so many people out there who havent played in four months!

The My England Golf app is canny for tracking handicap. Just noticed 3 of my best 8 scores will be the first to go next 3 rounds, so need 3 good rounds. I'm playing shit at the minute, everything going left.

Nice little 9 hole hack this evening. One of those irritating rounds where it felt like I didn't connect properly with anything, but scored better than my last 2 rounds. The new clubs I got fitted for recently have helped though, distance is a lot more consistent with them, but now my 3 wood goes further than my driver.

93 around beamish on Wednesday, out of bounds 3 times and greens were difficult to read, hoping to knock at least 6 shots off that tomorrow
Stupid fkin game!!
44 front 9 then inexplicably started spraying my drives all over the place!

Last edited:
Third round of the year at Wearside on Monday, managed 6 pars and a birdie having a friendly knock.
Played Sharpley on Thursday, shot an 83 which was 44pts stableford. Cut incoming. Getting to grips with new irons now. Drove it well and fancy some new woods next!
no doubt go back to playing like a douche next week if I’m lucky enough to get out.

Back