Golf 2021

Played Castle Eden 4BBB Open today got called off the course after 5 holes the greens were flooding
Hopefully we will get to play the 4 man team event tomorrow

I’ll have a knock with you, I know it’s been sold and it’s going to start turning into a proper club again. I played it when I was shite and the course equally shite.
Nice one mate.
List me what days you can do over next fornight n ill see what i can do.

Sorely tempted tomorrow. Digging at Celtic Manor n you can play half of it for £22.

Fancy a new pair of golf trainers. Got Nike at the moment. Anyone suggest comfy pair?
I've just got some v4 sketchers. I thought they were for grannies but all the lads were raving about them. They are the most Comfortable golf shoes Ive ever owned.

All 3 are same rate. Twilight £22 9 holes. Was just gonna ask for the best!

Thoughts?
It doesn't seem to include the 2010. Don't do the Montgomerie as it is ridiculously hilly and definitely needs a buggy.

Just got back from a quick nine at Birtley and can honestly say Ive gone backwards - also the first round with a new putter so was all over the place, think I would have gone round quicker if I'd used a snooker cue.

Thinking of starting up again after 10/12 years off.
Will I be laughed off with my Ping i3 irons I got measured up for years ago?
Just haven’t had time to play for years that’s all, other than a round of two with rental clubs on holiday

Just haven’t had time to play for years that’s all, other than a round of two with rental clubs on holiday
Ive a mate who hammers me with a mixed up bag of shite odd clubs.
Means nowt mate, go for it.
Any locals to this place? Good, cheap but brutal/long!...

Last edited:
Not at all. My irons are 20 years old and I play off single figures. The only thing that matters is what suits your game.

Played boldon yesterday and was very disappointed. The greens on at least 50% have been ruined by then arseholes who put diesel on them. I know that’s not boldons fault but I just thought the whole course was not in good nick.

interesting

the course manager at boldons leaving and moving to Chester Le street

Played CLS Tuesday - sun was out - nice knock round there. Wearside today in the invitational. 41pts (team) steady away, didn’t lose a ball. Delighted! New driver Taylor Made Sim 2 on order. Bring on the summer!

Back