Golf 2021

More golf on telly (thurs - Sunday) May as well use my NOW TV thing i paid for

RBC Heritage

Just ew fun bets on Fitzpatrick, Bezuidenhot and Grace ...25s, 50s, 66s.

First round of the year this morning at George Washington. 28 points. 8 bogies and 2 pars some nice shots and some shit shots. f***ing knackered now. Lovely to be out again. Weather started off cold but soon warmed up.

The 9th is actually rated one of the most tricky in the world. Peter Alliss said it would be part of his perfect 18 holes. It’s a bitch but lovely to play, I’ve parred it on my last two rounds so I’m currently friends with it. I actually find the 10th more of a headscrew.

It’s a lovely course to be a member of, very challenging but rewarding too, would recommend anyone looking for somewhere to join to check it out, lovely little driving range now as well that doesn’t get too busy.

Fantastic hole , the 9th.
Very intimidating standing on the tee knowing you’re in bother if you go anywhere except straight ahead and long.
The green is wicked too, but an outstanding test for a par 3.

I’m playing there in a society day in June so might get someone to film my tee shot on it , and I’ll post it on here if I don’t make a complete hash of it 🤣

It’s lovely feeling to plonk your tee shot on the green, I tell myself it’s just the same as a driving range hit, difficult to ignore the ravine, stream, trees, precipices you have to negotiate though!

Fantastic hole , the 9th.
Very intimidating standing on the tee knowing you’re in bother if you go anywhere except straight ahead and long.
The green is wicked too, but an outstanding test for a par 3.

I’m playing there in a society day in June so might get someone to film my tee shot on it , and I’ll post it on here if I don’t make a complete hash of it 🤣
Aim for the tree short and left, land it short of that,it will release out. It probably plays 160 to there. I know this is easier said than done!

This is what I should have done when I started playing again a few years back and is the best advice for a complete beginner. A half decent coach will help you not to develop bad habits that you then have to un-learn later.

Then get out there and hack it around to start getting the feel for the game.
@chelt_mackem do you play on a wednesday night?

I thought this new whs was supposed to adjust your handicap after every score entry! Played the midweek medal on Wednesday at Whitburn, came in with 19pts off a 4.4 handicap and there’s been no adjustment. The tw@ts took 10 shots off me when I got 41pts at Newbiggin before lockdown.

Feel like I’ve been smashed in the bollocks for 1 good round of golf with this system

I thought this new whs was supposed to adjust your handicap after every score entry! Played the midweek medal on Wednesday at Whitburn, came in with 19pts off a 4.4 handicap and there’s been no adjustment. The tw@ts took 10 shots off me when I got 41pts at Newbiggin before lockdown.

Feel like I’ve been smashed in the bollocks for 1 good round of golf with this system
Handicap is best 8 scores out of last 20 rounds. As such this one won't feature in the 8.
I had a cut within an hour of putting details on in last week's comp. I've still got a few hight rounds in my best 8.

Prince Bishops was class teeing off at 1pm earlier. Booking system had it looking pretty much full, but it was dead. Nobody in front or behind for at least 3 holes. And the beer tastes magnificent.

edit - also just renewed membership fees. I know the place gets a lot of flak, but they’re sorting the drainage issues. £850 a year for 2 courses can’t be grumbled at.

Last edited:

If you think it's too low now the quickest way is to register and enter casual rounds that will get you back up quicker. You can do it on England golf app, 9 or 18 holes

Prince Bishops was class teeing off at 1pm earlier. Booking system had it looking pretty much full, but it was dead. Nobody in front or behind for at least 3 holes. And the beer tastes magnificent.

edit - also just renewed membership fees. I know the place gets a lot of flak, but they’re sorting the drainage issues. £850 a year for 2 courses can’t be grumbled at.
Used to be over 900 didnt it? I know lafs there moved as too busy.

Thought I might pick golf back up again this year after 4 year off. Went to driving range today, ffs, all over the shop. Hitting not too bad after 50 balls but felt awkward. Few more visits to driving range or practise ground i think.

as someone brand new to the game an hour with a professional made a massive difference. i went from being lucky to make any contact with the ball to comfortably hitting it everytime in about 30 minutes after being shown how to properly grip the club and swing. cheers to whoever recommend Jack at Sunderland golf centre, I'll definitely be booking more lessons

is it normal that your lower back is meant to kill though if your not used to it? i want to go the range again tomorrow but my back is in bits :lol:

as someone brand new to the game an hour with a professional made a massive difference. i went from being lucky to make any contact with the ball to comfortably hitting it everytime in about 30 minutes after being shown how to properly grip the club and swing. cheers to whoever recommend Jack at Sunderland golf centre, I'll definitely be booking more lessons

is it normal that your lower back is meant to kill though if your not used to it? i want to go the range again tomorrow but my back is in bits :lol:

I’m 35 now, and after 23 years of playing, my lower left back still feels like it’s ready to fall off my body after every round

I’m 35 now, and after 23 years of playing, my lower left back still feels like it’s ready to fall off my body after every round
ah. i'm only a few years younger so i should probably get used to it then if I want to play. cheers :lol:

Back