Golf 2021

Just backed Westwood for the masters at 70/1, generally plays well there anyway and with the way he's playing atm you never know.
Each way or outright?
Keep saying and will continue to say it. Get your marra off the bag Rory and get someone who speaks and has balls.

Forgotten who’s caddy it was at bay hill but he was so strong with the player, huge self confidence in what he was saying.

Think it was Speith, and you're right, although Westwood has his bird on the bag and hes flying at the minute....

Last edited:

If he can maintain anything like his current form, I'll definitely have a few quid on him for The Open. Hopefully full crowds will be allowed for it as I've got a ticket for the Sunday, the atmosphere would be unreal if he was in the hunt.
The Open is the major which Westwood is least likely to win as his play around the greens is less inventive and weaker than most other pros.

The Open is the major which Westwood is least likely to win as his play around the greens is less inventive and weaker than most other pros.
True, but his experience has given him the golfing brain to play the percentages, which is why his recent form is so good. The PGA would be the most likely major this year being at Kiawah, Pete Dye's designs seem to suit him.

With Cantlay and Im struggling I've added Reed a little e.w today.

Well I put the mockers on him ffs.

My bets are diabolical here mind :lol: Having a terrible Florida swing.

Any of the lads who bet on the golf here do the Golf on DraftKings? Decent way to have a few quid on imho, albeit bloody hard.

Any of the lads who bet on the golf here do the Golf on DraftKings? Decent way to have a few quid on imho, albeit bloody hard.
The only bets I've got that look even remotely likely to pay out are Conners and Morikawa. Went for Finau as well, regretted that by the time he teed off on the 3rd yesterday.

Glad I put the safety bet on Fatrick after his run to make the cut, don't want him spoiling another tournament by winning it without that insurance.

In fairness to Rory, he won 4 times in 2019 with that caddy on the bag, and they weren’t mugs tournaments (one was The Players actually).

He just in bad form, said himself he doesn’t know what’s going on with his swing right now. He has no idea where the ball is going (and you can tell :lol::lol:)

Went into the Covid break in absolutely stellar form and has been fairly middling ever since. Probably at some do what DJ done last summer - win a ‘lesser’ event and suddenly kick into gear.
Aye. And he hasn’t won a major in 7 years this year.
Even with his huge talent. Every milli mtr counts.

I just don’t get it.
The only bets I've got that look even remotely likely to pay out are Conners and Morikawa. Went for Finau as well, regretted that by the time he teed off on the 3rd yesterday.

Glad I put the safety bet on Fatrick after his run to make the cut, don't want him spoiling another tournament by winning it without that insurance.
Hovland 25/1
Fitz 40/1
JT 18/1

Last edited:
Aye. And he hasn’t won a major in 7 years this year.
Even with his huge talent. Every milli mtr counts.

I just don’t get it.

Hovland 25/1
Fitz 40/1
JT 18/1

True, but Diamond wasn’t on the bag until 2018.

I go as far as guess Rory has won more on the bag in his 3 years with Diamond then in the preceding 3 years with the other one (could be wrong mind).

Personally, I don’t massively agree about the caddy, I just think Rory hasn’t performed well in majors for an abundance of factors (mainly his prep for them isn’t ideal, which he has admitted to). If he can win The Players, and The Tour Championship, and WGCs with Diamond, then he can win Majors.

He’s just not performed well enough in them, which isn’t the end of the world because they’re really, really hard to win - the best player of the last 10 years only has 2 of them!

I understand the argument tbf mate and get your point, I just don’t really agree with it.

Mind, his problem at the minute is that he has no idea where the ball is going off the tee!

i remember peter allis saying tiger hit it too hard at times off the tee. rory should rein it in a bit off the tee, as he can still bomb irons 270 or so

True, but Diamond wasn’t on the bag until 2018.

I go as far as guess Rory has won more on the bag in his 3 years with Diamond then in the preceding 3 years with the other one (could be wrong mind).

Personally, I don’t massively agree about the caddy, I just think Rory hasn’t performed well in majors for an abundance of factors (mainly his prep for them isn’t ideal, which he has admitted to). If he can win The Players, and The Tour Championship, and WGCs with Diamond, then he can win Majors.

He’s just not performed well enough in them, which isn’t the end of the world because they’re really, really hard to win - the best player of the last 10 years only has 2 of them!

I understand the argument tbf mate and get your point, I just don’t really agree with it.

Mind, his problem at the minute is that he has no idea where the ball is going off the tee!
The other thing when it comes to winning majors is just how many different winners there have been in recent years. Since Rory last won one, only 3 players have won multiple majors in that time, Spieth, Koepka and Johnson, accounting for 9 of the 23 majors. With the other 14 going to 1 time winners (in this time period) it shows how many players there are capable of winning them.

The other thing when it comes to winning majors is just how many different winners there have been in recent years. Since Rory last won one, only 3 players have won multiple majors in that time, Spieth, Koepka and Johnson, accounting for 9 of the 23 majors. With the other 14 going to 1 time winners (in this time period) it shows how many players there are capable of winning them.

Yeah, I think sometimes people were a bit spoilt by how often peak Tiger won majors, or just generally closed out tournaments, and expect it if everyone.

I’m certainly guilty of it at times, but I heard one golf podcast this week say that Jon Rahm is poor in contention. He averages a win every ten events or something!

People think back to Tiger winning every other week and always closing, and expect everyone to do it but golf is insane hard, especially at the top level.

Yeah, I think sometimes people were a bit spoilt by how often peak Tiger won majors, or just generally closed out tournaments, and expect it if everyone.

I’m certainly guilty of it at times, but I heard one golf podcast this week say that Jon Rahm is poor in contention. He averages a win every ten events or something!

People think back to Tiger winning every other week and always closing, and expect everyone to do it but golf is insane hard, especially at the top level.
That's absolute bollocks. Rahm's win per tournament played record is sensational.

Good round by Rahm -4 and at that over all

thomas double bogey to start his second round :evil:
Playing bad ffs.

Never done that.
Cycled past Ramside this afternoon, can’t for the like of me understand why you can’t play golf for another three weeks.
Back op five year back and not played but had couple rounds last year. Really miss it.
Im going well

Ohh ffs why did I post that
Above is Im as in player not I'm :)

Last edited:

Back