Golf 2021

I believe Throston is £450 5 day or £550 anytime.

Certainly has its faults but good prices. £20 a round so play over once a fortnight n its cheaper!

Anyone expecting their club to offer a discount for time lost due to COVID? I joined my club in June 2020 (membership starts in April) was told there was no pro rata discount as members had agreed to keep funding going through 1st lockdown. When it comes to renewing I’ll have paid 12 months for 6 months of availability.
I’m all for doing my bit for supporting the club, however I feel that some discount would be equitable, I’m going to ask the question. They’ll probably tell me to do one, I don’t think any clubs will be struggling for membership numbers this year.

Anyone expecting their club to offer a discount for time lost due to COVID? I joined my club in June 2020 (membership starts in April) was told there was no pro rata discount as members had agreed to keep funding going through 1st lockdown. When it comes to renewing I’ll have paid 12 months for 6 months of availability.
I’m all for doing my bit for supporting the club, however I feel that some discount would be equitable, I’m going to ask the question. They’ll probably tell me to do one, I don’t think any clubs will be struggling for membership numbers this year.

I doubt it mate.
Our club has added an extra 120+ members I believe since lockdown first started last year.
South Shields now has a waiting list , which I haven’t seen for years.

I doubt it mate.
Our club has added an extra 120+ members I believe since lockdown first started last year.
South Shields now has a waiting list , which I haven’t seen for years.
I suspect you’re right, I think the additional interest from COVID will far outweigh those that will have to give up their memberships. Good to see the the sport in good health I guess. Anticipating a very busy course when things do get up and running.

I suspect you’re right, I think the additional interest from COVID will far outweigh those that will have to give up their memberships. Good to see the the sport in good health I guess. Anticipating a very busy course when things do get up and running.

As long as they revert to 4 balls available again.

If it is still 2 balls when they open up it’ll like a bull bait trying to get a tee time :lol:

already had an email saying we wont be getting anything for time lost not playing.

Seems the Ramside are listening to all negative feedback. From the email just received, full membership cost has been reduced to £850 for the year with full access to both courses, any time of day.

On flexi’s and opens -

Flexi membership is full and closed .
We have protected tee times for members during the weekends and busy periods and were possible have extend the competition times.

We have taken the decision not to host any Ramside Open’s

Visitors will have very limited times to book tees on a weekend,
as it is for member’s and hotel residents.

We are going to move our tee time back to 8 minute intervals
And a further update on the drainage issues

We have committed to investing £250,000 on the new drainage on the Prince Bishops’ course, and a few areas on the Cathedral course. The work will start as soon as the weather permits and allows the machinery to go onto the course.

The drainage will be every 5 meters on the fairway.
The work will be carried out by Roger Shaw and contractor Nathan Stones with the help of a drain team.

Last edited:
Seems the Ramside are listening to all negative feedback. From the email just received, full membership cost has been reduced to £850 for the year with full access to both courses, any time of day.

On flexi’s and opens -

£850 is a good price for two courses like. Probably too much for me to folk out like. Don’t think I could justify paying that.

Flexi membership is full and closed .
We have protected tee times for members during the weekends and busy periods and were possible have extend the competition times.

We have taken the decision not to host any Ramside Open’s

Visitors will have very limited times to book tees on a weekend,
as it is for member’s and hotel residents.

We are going to move our tee time back to 8 minute intervals
And a further update on the drainage issues

We have committed to investing £250,000 on the new drainage on the Prince Bishops’ course, and a few areas on the Cathedral course. The work will start as soon as the weather permits and allows the machinery to go onto the course.

The drainage will be every 5 meters on the fairway.
The work will be carried out by Roger Shaw and contractor Nathan Stones with the help of a drain team.
£850 is a good price for two courses like. Probably too much for me to folk out like. Don’t think I could justify paying that.

So still nearly 3 weeks for courses to open 🤞.
All being well booked in for Workington , Silloth & Seascale at the back end of October and got a charity Texas scramble at Linden Hall in July.

Anyone risking any away trips this year ?

Used to be a grand easily didn't it? It's a decent price when you think about it,will depend how many stay or take them up on it as could get busy.

Used to be a grand easily didn't it? It's a decent price when you think about it,will depend how many stay or take them up on it as could get busy.
There’s a massive waiting list apparently. My brother enquired and got told that.

Back