Golf 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our greens are pretty much unplayable just now. Been sand injected and left with a layer of sand on top. It's like putting at the beach with mini hills to navigate.

Another bash round Ingleby.

Had 5 or6 great rounds on the spin now, no driver, sensible shots, decent putting.
It’ll all turn to shit soon.

Our greens are pretty much unplayable just now. Been sand injected and left with a layer of sand on top. It's like putting at the beach with mini hills to navigate.
Where you play?

I played heworth Monday and the greens were all getting done. It was solid to putt on. One hole the 11th the green keepers were working on the green so hole was moved to the winter green. I hit my 4th shot to within 4 feet of the winter green hole thinking I’ll par the hole after dropping a shot off my drive. As I get up closer to the hole the green keeper removes the flag and plays the now sanded green. I was f***ing fuming.

Where you play?

I played heworth Monday and the greens were all getting done. It was solid to putt on. One hole the 11th the green keepers were working on the green so hole was moved to the winter green. I hit my 4th shot to within 4 feet of the winter green hole thinking I’ll par the hole after dropping a shot off my drive. As I get up closer to the hole the green keeper removes the flag and plays the now sanded green. I was f***ing fuming.

Id have just awarded meself a birdie.;)

Where you play?

Forrester Park in Fife

😂 It’s the only way mate, the range isn’t real and videos and magazines etc just give you ideas. On the course is where you’ll learn and get better. You’ll be fine. Good luck!

Thanks mate. I really want to get back into it but it’s demoralising when you’re shite.

Wonderful weather to play golf at the stunning Shiskine GC yesterday. Golf course was rather quirky but the setting is different class. Day 3 of 6 of the Arran golfing odyssey today.

Been in a bit of form lately, had a small cut at the weekend. The aimpoint lesson I had is paying off, I estimate its about 4 putts a round better. I was clearly terrible at reading greens. I've had the bairn at the putting green a couple of times this week, she's 2 next month, she takes a little plastic putter and a practice ball she loves it. Just runs around picking balls up and putting them in the holes.
I've just been fitted for and collected an Edel putter, it rolls the ball lovely got fitted to a completely different head shape to what I've played with for years.

Thanks mate. I really want to get back into it but it’s demoralising when you’re shite.

You’re not wrong.
I got down to 9 when I was in my late teens then took a massive break to drink and touch lasses. I probably played 3 times a year for the last 5 years of so but this time last year I had 3 months of garden leave so decided to get new gear and start again...playing off 14 at the minute, loving it and trying to get out as much as I can but restricted to weekends at the minute with work and the wife being back in the band bubble for a few weeks.

Her and the bairn have had a course of beginners lessons at the range in Sunderland, 5 hour lessons for £59, two sets of those down and they’re hooked. Had the bairn on Boldon last week for a couple of hours after work, only managed 6 holes but he was shocked how different the game is on a course 😂

You’re not wrong.
I got down to 9 when I was in my late teens then took a massive break to drink and touch lasses. I probably played 3 times a year for the last 5 years of so but this time last year I had 3 months of garden leave so decided to get new gear and start again...playing off 14 at the minute, loving it and trying to get out as much as I can but restricted to weekends at the minute with work and the wife being back in the band bubble for a few weeks.

Her and the bairn have had a course of beginners lessons at the range in Sunderland, 5 hour lessons for £59, two sets of those down and they’re hooked. Had the bairn on Boldon last week for a couple of hours after work, only managed 6 holes but he was shocked how different the game is on a course 😂

Makes me almost hope for another lockdown just to give me the time to get out there :lol: how old's the bairn? My eldest who's 8 is pestering me to take him out but not sure he's ready for a proper course yet.

Makes me almost hope for another lockdown just to give me the time to get out there :lol: how old's the bairn? My eldest who's 8 is pestering me to take him out but not sure he's ready for a proper course yet.

Was a bloke on ingleby last night about 35, had a son n daughter playing with him, both looked 8 or 9, lovely that like!
Guess you need to pick the quiet twilight spells.

Was a bloke on ingleby last night about 35, had a son n daughter playing with him, both looked 8 or 9, lovely that like!
Guess you need to pick the quiet twilight spells.

Aye? Might take my two eldest out, find a quiet, short flat course somewhere for them.

Just played me first round in ten years round Cathedral at the Ramside. The less said about it the better. Please can everyone reassure me that the more I play the better I’ll get?

Play that and the Bishops alternatively every couple of weeks. Love the cathedral for the length and forgiveness of fairways, but put the wind up on the back 9 and it's a completely different course and I always add a stroke to every hole in my head, then anything less is a bonus. The 17th is frustrating with only irons off the tee but makes you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back