Golf 2020

Makes me almost hope for another lockdown just to give me the time to get out there :lol: how old's the bairn? My eldest who's 8 is pestering me to take him out but not sure he's ready for a proper course yet.

He's 11 mate, i'd had him to the range a couple of times then bought him some clubs from the US KIDS GOLF range, they're light as a feather and they do different coloured sets based on the kids' height...always loads on ebay. I'll be flogging his green set shortly as I've just ordered him some 'teen' clubs, he's only 11 but he's already 5'3 :eek:

This set of lessons at the range has given him a decent start so I thought we'd try the course, he manged but there were a couple of holes where I didn't let him hit a tee shot as it was pointless...he just isn't there yet. Definitely twilight when it's quiet. I find anytime after 5:30 at Boldon at the minute there's always a few blokes with little kids, it's great to see.

He's 11 mate, i'd had him to the range a couple of times then bought him some clubs from the US KIDS GOLF range, they're light as a feather and they do different coloured sets based on the kids' height...always loads on ebay. I'll be flogging his green set shortly as I've just ordered him some 'teen' clubs, he's only 11 but he's already 5'3 :eek:

This set of lessons at the range has given him a decent start so I thought we'd try the course, he manged but there were a couple of holes where I didn't let him hit a tee shot as it was pointless...he just isn't there yet. Definitely twilight when it's quiet. I find anytime after 5:30 at Boldon at the minute there's always a few blokes with little kids, it's great to see.

Was a belter down boro for families/kids, now a housing estate, likewise Elemoore would have served a purpose for that.
Not enough facilities for bairns, most courses some old fart would shit his knickers at the thought of a bairn playing.

Beggars wood a possibility too?

nice one mate
So going from that I could play golf with my mates at Whitburn but we couldn’t go away to another part of the country (Cumbria) and play ?

I’d hang on and see what comes out mate as every local restriction area will be different

Last edited:
Ive just read the frequently asked questions section on the Sunderland council website and it’s even more confusing than I first thought.

Just wait until the actual regulations come out :lol:
Should be ok I reckon but we’ll see. Sunderland FAQ: TEAM sports should not take place at an indoor or outdoor venue with people you don’t live with (even then only if not part of a club with governing body guidance). Arguably golf is not a team sport so doesn’t fall in there.

You can travel outside of the areas with restrictions to play sport.

Last edited:
Been out today with 2 mates. Shot an 88 net 66 off the yellows and that included 2 7s and 3 6s. We let 3 single players thru and not one of them said thank you. The 3rd even got to the next tee and was having a convo on the phone so we played back thru. Cheeky bassa said hang on guys I'm not letting you thru. Aye mate go and fukk yourself was the swift reply from grant.

Nothing to suggest you can’t play golf with people from outside your household as long as you maintain social distancing and drive there separately. No mingling in club house or owt after.

Back