Golf 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I never used to think so but coming round to your way of thinking like. Get through the first n third without bother n youre okay, had an average front 9 other week then pissed the back. Very little out of bounds etc n trees same size as 15 year back!

The back 9 is very gettable. I went round in 38 one time and normally I'm posting in the mid 90s

First post on here so sorry if this is either a daft question or is covered on the previous 80 odd pages - is it possible to get an official handicap without playing in competitions? A group of us play regularly at a council municipal course and enjoy an occasional away day. Booked for Aberdour and was asked for handicap as part of the booking process - hopefully we'll get away with our guestimates ?

First post on here so sorry if this is either a daft question or is covered on the previous 80 odd pages - is it possible to get an official handicap without playing in competitions? A group of us play regularly at a council municipal course and enjoy an occasional away day. Booked for Aberdour and was asked for handicap as part of the booking process - hopefully we'll get away with our guestimates ?
If you're a member of the club, you can submit 3 casual rounds for handicap purposes. The club usually needs you to tell them you're doing this before going out for those rounds, but then they can sort it for you.

5 mins from me Aberdour

Knew a chap who was previously a member at my club (Muckhart) who started 1 1 at Aberdour.

solid start to the round. Prettysure it made the papers up here

Believe the
Hole 19 'premium' can get you handicap certificate, don't know if big clubs would accept it though.
Has anyone had a encounter on the 8th green at Sharply lately? :eek:

It's like putting at Augusta ffs :lol:
Played today and 3 putted from 20 foot and was happy with that. Group in front of me this afternoon, I laid up to the edge of the green and watched a lad 4 foot above the hole in middle of green, touched the ball it lipped it then went off the green, tried putting it back up and watched it roll off the hogback all the way back, same shot same result again!. He kicked the ball towards his bag and picked up N/R.

Looking to join a club as will be playing more regular next year.... any recommendations at a reasonable price and a decent course?

Last edited:
Just played me first round in ten years round Cathedral at the Ramside. The less said about it the better. Please can everyone reassure me that the more I play the better I’ll get?

Just played me first round in ten years round Cathedral at the Ramside. The less said about it the better. Please can everyone reassure me that the more I play the better I’ll get?

😂 It’s the only way mate, the range isn’t real and videos and magazines etc just give you ideas. On the course is where you’ll learn and get better. You’ll be fine. Good luck!

Loverly knock at filly course at close house last night. Fairways have taken a Kicking like, and downside of filly course is you get some fuckwits on it hacking around. Anar being a reet snobby twat their like 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back