Golf 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone use the Hole19 app, I use it but just the free version, is it worth upgrading to the pro version to help with club selection?
Played the Colt yesterday and the lad I played with had the Arccos app with the sensors in his clubs, gave him wind speed, and worked as a caddie as it advised him to go up or down clubs depending on the wind direction, speed etc....

Wondered if Hole 19 did the same?

I would fork out for the Accros one but I don't fancy paying £170 notes for the sensors if the Hole 19 app does it by working out the distance between shots, the wind speed is the main one for me as I never know how many clubs to drop when the wind is against me.

I know there are a lot of different gadgets out there but I don't want to spend a load of money as golf is just for fun for me, I don't play many comps etc....

If it’s 5-10mph club up one of its 10-20mph club up again

then hit it a tad fat with a open club face and out to in path for that short right miss anyway
Just been out to clear the head today and played 5 under my handicap. 92 gross score off the medal tees so got to be pleased with it.

Hope you wear a mask on the course as well as the pro shop now el bandito

Last edited:
Surely all these wind apps arent allowed in comps.

I found it a fuck on doing club selection on my phone when using golfshot pro. Mind I like to keep my phone in bag and rarely look at it during the round.

Videoed my swing the other day after getting a bit stuck with the swing and it looked 💩 TBH. I had a sway, chicken wing, no movement to the lead side and just basically poor for a 9 hdp. Had a bit of a range session to work on some things then went out after that and played from the front tee's at my course and used irons only and made the most of the shorter distance and concentrated as best you can on each shot. Shot a 74 😎

Back out today and moved two tee-boxes back (about 1000 yards) and shot a 73. Added the driver and 5 wood back into the bag. 4 birds, GIR were up, 27 putts and well happy with the iron play.

Could be a break through, though probably one of those good rounds that pop up now and again (a long wait for the next one I bet, whats the stats every 20/30 rounds and its a real good one), I'll take it right now 😁

Normally go abroad in September to play a few rounds, but this year have decided to go up to Scotland for days beginning 30th Sept. Hoping to play 4 rounds and base ourselves around North Berwick. Any tips? I'm not organsing it like.

Dunbar , Goswick & The Roxburgh do a deal for playing all 3 courses for £135.

If you are going to North Berwick then I recommend Gullane, The Glen , Kilspindie, Craigielaw and Longniddry.
There’s also Archerfield , North Berwick & Luffness but they are very expensive.

Had our championship qualifyer today. Finished with a 1 over my par 98 net 73. Pretty sure I'll qualify for the matchplay games this week on that score. Didn't help taking a 7 at the par 4 first after finding water and another 7 and the par 4 17 after getting caught up behind a tree 20 yards from the green.

Played at Consett today in a US Masters qualifier Texas scramble.
Course was in good condition but I forgot how hilly it was for the last stretch of holes.

We done ok, knew we hadn't done enough to win but there was some ridiculously low scores came in.
Lads behind us played really well from what we saw of them, when I spoke to them after they were Net 16 under and were only in 5th place on the leader board!
That wasn't even half the field having cards in yet either.

Since I’ve went back to work I’ve shot 3 comp rounds in the 90s

today was ridiculous like 5 over front and then went on to shoot a 92:lol:

was like two different players
Had our championship qualifyer today. Finished with a 1 over my par 98 net 73. Pretty sure I'll qualify for the matchplay games this week on that score. Didn't help taking a 7 at the par 4 first after finding water and another 7 and the par 4 17 after getting caught up behind a tree 20 yards from the green.

At least you didn’t have an 8 where you nearly hit Lumley castle like I did :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back