Golf 2020

Exactly what I thought, there must be loads of near misses. You seem to zig zag across tee boxes.
It's a canny course but I know what you both mean regarding those par 5s up and down when your shooting across.... Can easily miss fire and your on the opposite fairway shooting across to get back towards where your meant to be :lol:

However I do like the course! Played it four times since lockdown got courses... Had a decent score of 83 on my return back to golf.... I'm not a member anywhere and don't get out anywhere near enough. Wish I did mind but kinda like trying new places out. Played South shields twice this year and liked that also

It's a canny course but I know what you both mean regarding those par 5s up and down when your shooting across.... Can easily miss fire and your on the opposite fairway shooting across to get back towards where your meant to be :lol:

However I do like the course! Played it four times since lockdown got courses... Had a decent score of 83 on my return back to golf.... I'm not a member anywhere and don't get out anywhere near enough. Wish I did mind but kinda like trying new places out. Played South shields twice this year and liked that also
I play it a couple of times a year, I like it, it was in good nick at the weekend

Played our 2 day club champs this weekend. Thought I missed the cut then checked emails yesterday to say I had an 08:40 tee time. Shame it was 09:30

the gross winner played off -1

and the nett winner was a junior playing of +35....fair to say not many happy with that 😂

Played Whitburn on Friday, great weather but fk me, must be dangerous when the wind is up, constant shouts of 4 if your 20yards off the fairway!
shot 82 so was happy with that,
been watching Rick shields videos on driving etc and they definitely made me less wayward,
Drove the18th green 😉

That’s a good knock to reach the 18th off the tee.
Especially as the wind is normally straight at you and it’s uphill.
That mid section of the course is notorious for near misses.
As I was walking up 11 yesterday someone driving off on 12 managed to thread their ball between me and my trolley at a height of about 2 feet.

That’s a good knock to reach the 18th off the tee.
Especially as the wind is normally straight at you and it’s uphill.
That mid section of the course is notorious for near misses.
As I was walking up 11 yesterday someone driving off on 12 managed to thread their ball between me and my trolley at a height of about 2 feet.
Lad I played with drove 17 with a three wood and 18 with an iron he plays a different game. He was 30 yards short of green on the first, so up and over the hill.
Lad I played with drove 17 with a three wood and 18 with an iron he plays a different game. He was 30 yards short of green on the first, so up and over the hill.
All of those off the whites

All of those off the whites

There’s some lads who can just hit it miles.
We play with a lad who’s 23 year old , about 9 stone wet through and built like a Kenyan runner.
He plays off 4 and can just smash it effortlessly for miles.
Last week on the par 4 7th he reached the green with a 5 wood and then hit 3 wood / PW on the par 5 8th.
Then you have me, a 6ft 6” bloke who’s 20 clem and I struggle to hit driver 250 with wind behind me.
Life just isn’t fair 😂

Give Newbiggin a try if you havent played it
:lol: I can't decide if you are being serious or just being a twat. Splits opinion Newbiggin, a good few people like it but I think it's shit, it has a couple of good holes but the worst links course I've ever played.

:lol: I can't decide if you are being serious or just being a twat. Splits opinion Newbiggin, a good few people like it but I think it's shit, it has a couple of good holes but the worst links course I've ever played.
I really like it.
Full disclaimer I used to play it a lot growing up with family so maybe it has sentimental reasons.
Played it yesterday and thought it was a good challenge. I can tell you its much better than the courses I play in London that come in the similar price range

I really like it.
Full disclaimer I used to play it a lot growing up with family so maybe it has sentimental reasons.
Played it yesterday and thought it was a good challenge. I can tell you its much better than the courses I play in London that come in the similar price range
I played a cheap one at Lee Valley in Enfield and that might have actually been the worst course I've played.

I used borrowed clubs that day and at one point I went for a wedge and it was missing. I knew I started with it because I'd used it 3 holes previously. If they were my clubs I probably would have just taken the hit, but I didn't want to give them back a club short to the bloke who had kindly lent me them. So I ran back 3 holes back down the fairways on the hottest day of the year in London 30C +, gasping for breath, sweating my tits off and generally looking like a right tit to oncoming golfers. Got to the hole I'd used it on and it wasn't there, fuck! So I turned round and ran all the way back to where I started from asking everybody if they'd seen my wedge, nobody had. By this time I was a bedraggled mess and totally fucked, gets back to my partners who luckily waited and hadn't played anymore holes. Having regained my composure I continued the round then a few holes later I spotted the wedge, I'd put it in somebody else's bag :lol:

Normally go abroad in September to play a few rounds, but this year have decided to go up to Scotland for days beginning 30th Sept. Hoping to play 4 rounds and base ourselves around North Berwick. Any tips? I'm not organsing it like.

Normally go abroad in September to play a few rounds, but this year have decided to go up to Scotland for days beginning 30th Sept. Hoping to play 4 rounds and base ourselves around North Berwick. Any tips? I'm not organsing it like.
Goswick.
Cracking course, its on the way up to Berwick just off the A1.
Then you'll have the 3 courses at Gullane, only played 1 of these mind think it was the number 2 course, all the courses look class mind.
Obviously Muirfield too, all proper links courses.

Anyone use the Hole19 app, I use it but just the free version, is it worth upgrading to the pro version to help with club selection?
Played the Colt yesterday and the lad I played with had the Arccos app with the sensors in his clubs, gave him wind speed, and worked as a caddie as it advised him to go up or down clubs depending on the wind direction, speed etc....

Wondered if Hole 19 did the same?

I would fork out for the Accros one but I don't fancy paying £170 notes for the sensors if the Hole 19 app does it by working out the distance between shots, the wind speed is the main one for me as I never know how many clubs to drop when the wind is against me.

I know there are a lot of different gadgets out there but I don't want to spend a load of money as golf is just for fun for me, I don't play many comps etc....

Anyone use the Hole19 app, I use it but just the free version, is it worth upgrading to the pro version to help with club selection?
Played the Colt yesterday and the lad I played with had the Arccos app with the sensors in his clubs, gave him wind speed, and worked as a caddie as it advised him to go up or down clubs depending on the wind direction, speed etc....

Wondered if Hole 19 did the same?

I would fork out for the Accros one but I don't fancy paying £170 notes for the sensors if the Hole 19 app does it by working out the distance between shots, the wind speed is the main one for me as I never know how many clubs to drop when the wind is against me.

I know there are a lot of different gadgets out there but I don't want to spend a load of money as golf is just for fun for me, I don't play many comps etc....
Hole 19 doesnt do wind speed or at least i havent noticed it.
I paid for it but then havent kept track of how far I hit the ball so it was probably a waste of time.

Back