Golf 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last two rounds I've played pretty poor. Went from 4 consecutive rounds in the mid 90s to 101 and 106 the past two weeks. Driving which is normally pretty decent for my standard has been poor the past fortnight which is leading to lots of pressure on other parts of my game. It is what it is and dont worry to much about it although obviously it spoils the enjoyment a little. @Voice of fair play with a brilliant 91 today. Again round in just under 4 hours which is always a bonus on a busy Saturday morning

Last two rounds I've played pretty poor. Went from 4 consecutive rounds in the mid 90s to 101 and 106 the past two weeks. Driving which is normally pretty decent for my standard has been poor the past fortnight which is leading to lots of pressure on other parts of my game. It is what it is and dont worry to much about it although obviously it spoils the enjoyment a little. @Voice of fair play with a brilliant 91 today. Again round in just under 4 hours which is always a bonus on a busy Saturday morning

Totally feel your pain mate. Best ever first two on throston tonight then a 7 on a pat 3 n a 10 on that mamoth 4th.
Played shitloads but keep scoring round 108. Considering I par a couple thats f***ing dogshit.
Managed loads of rounds this year, feel like im improving but scores arent, bizzare.
Why do we put oursells thru it?:p

Played Boldon this afternoon, before the round I was bouncing and excited to get my new driver out on the course. Hit it beautifully at the range mid week...needless to say I hit about 3 fairways and wanted to snap it by the end. Triple bogey on an easy Par 4 and two 3 putts but still shot 85, I’m happy enough but Christ it’s frustrating when you know how good it could have been.

I suppose that’s why we keep going back 😂

Played Boldon this afternoon, before the round I was bouncing and excited to get my new driver out on the course. Hit it beautifully at the range mid week...needless to say I hit about 3 fairways and wanted to snap it by the end. Triple bogey on an easy Par 4 and two 3 putts but still shot 85, I’m happy enough but Christ it’s frustrating when you know how good it could have been.

I suppose that’s why we keep going back 😂

Aye, played with a customer this week, plays off 4 n was disapointed with 78, would complete my life that score.;)

Club Championship yesterday round of 83 and 90 :lol:

I was 4 over after 11 first round... I had an 8 on the par 5 6th included in that then the wheels fell off

second round the wheels were never on and was 10 over after 7 (had a 9 on the par 5 6th:lol:) had a mid round recovery but a double on 15 and being shattered seen me have a couple more doubles on the way back in but never mind plenty of positives

lad shot 74 then 69 to win it

I was 4 over after 11 first round... I had an 8 on the par 5 6th included in that then the wheels fell off

second round the wheels were never on and was 10 over after 7 (had a 9 on the par 5 6th:lol:) had a mid round recovery but a double on 15 and being shattered seen me have a couple more doubles on the way back in but never mind plenty of positives

Different sport to what I ‘play’!!!:oops:
I apologise to Throston for saying they didnt have 150 markers, they do but theyre in the middle of each fairway so Id never came across them.

Last edited:

Well done anyway mate. Club championship is usually pretty brutal. Lots of positives in your game at the minute though. Im sure your time will come. 👍👍

Any local around sunderland or North East recommended fitters for golf clubs? I know american golf do it but wondered if anywhere else for a driver fitting..?
My season looks finished,wrist isn't healing so at hospital to talk about putting a pin in this week
Oh dear that's shit fella :(

Any local around sunderland or North East recommended fitters for golf clubs? I know american golf do it but wondered if anywhere else for a driver fitting..?

Tell me about it, can do most things with it strapped up apart from swing a golf club

seaham

also Dave Fletcher (I think that’s his name) up at Beancepeth is class as well
I’ll let you know. Playing in the medal this afternoon. Not looking forward to it but I’ll give it a go. 👍

play well mate

Last edited:
Results just came in from our medal yesterday. I finished second with a 1 over par net 73 which I'm over the moon with seeing as the white tees are really difficult. Only started playing again a few weeks ago and gonna get a bandit tag at this rate 😂😂😂⛳

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back