Golf 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finished 3rd in a pairs open at Houghton yesterday. I was level par on the 18th tee and decided to put one in the Copt Hill car park and ended up with a double bogey.
I probably stopped us winning the whole thing.
I think I've done that nearly every time I've played it.

If you're on your own you are deemed to have no standing on a golf course

I know, I’ve been playing for 25+ yrs but I can count on one hand the number of times I haven’t been let through...not that I play on my own very often...don’t enjoy it as much when there’s nobody to chat to.

Frequently play on my own due to work patterns I'm mostly off midweek. It's very rare not to get let through but I have (shame on me) occasionally sent drives up when I know I could hit the group in front. Not proud of that but a four ball taking 10 shots to get to where you can drive to after 4 or 5 holes of waiting is a bit wearing especially when they have seen you behind on the last 2 or 3 holes and the next two holes are free.

I know, I’ve been playing for 25+ yrs but I can count on one hand the number of times I haven’t been let through...not that I play on my own very often...don’t enjoy it as much when there’s nobody to chat to.

I use to start off by saying I'm playing properly etc etc then as soon as I fuck one up it all goes out the window and just end up taking tee shots, chips etc again :lol:
Frequently play on my own due to work patterns I'm mostly off midweek. It's very rare not to get let through but I have (shame on me) occasionally sent drives up when I know I could hit the group in front. Not proud of that but a four ball taking 10 shots to get to where you can drive to after 4 or 5 holes of waiting is a bit wearing especially when they have seen you behind on the last 2 or 3 holes and the next two holes are free.

Simply no excuse not to let quicker players through when the holes in front are free imo.

Last edited:
playing in an open on saturday at thirsk and Northallerton. Anyone played there? whats it like?

We playing in that as well.

I've never played it but one of my marras has. Reckons it's a canny track, not massively long but enough hazards to cause a bit of bother.

playing in an open on saturday at thirsk and Northallerton. Anyone played there? whats it like?
It's a nice track, lot of variety finishes with a par 3, greens right in front of club house. It's starts off tree lined then opens up a bit then back to tree lined.Ive played it a few times has always been in good nick when I've been. Not played it for a few year though.

Does anyone know where there’s an academy course still open? GW have abandoned theirs and houghton is now members only, just need somewhere to teach the kids part from the driving range

Finished 3rd in a pairs open at Houghton yesterday. I was level par on the 18th tee and decided to put one in the Copt Hill car park and ended up with a double bogey.
I probably stopped us winning the whole thing.
I'm actually amazed there hasn't been a serious accident with the 1st and 18th being so close to the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back