Golf 2020

Playing the Colt at Close House on Sunday 26th, the day after the British Masters, Members comp, off the British Masters tees, everything the same as the final round, pin positions, green speeds etc....my target is not to come last :lol: :lol:

I'll be lucky to hit a fairway from the Masters tees....

Oftenglance back at competition tees n ferk me some must make holes well harder!

Does anyone use the Garmin S62? Been looking at this week, and am tempted to get it.

yes mate, bought one a few weeks ago. Love it so far. It does everything a normal smart watch would do as well as the golf stuff. I bought the sensors to go into the end of my clubs too, got a decent deal at clickgolf, put them on finance and subscribed to their list and got an extra 10% off.

The info it gives out is mental, proper insight into my game without all the hassle of writing shit down or working it out myself. The app is great, maps where I hit all my shots and average distances etc. I like the fact you can keep score using the watch too, nice and easy. I would recommend it 👍🏼

Rockcliffe yesterday. Started off well then fell apart, birdied the last which helped. My driving was really good but everything else was poor. Green were running really nice they held the line.

yes mate, bought one a few weeks ago. Love it so far. It does everything a normal smart watch would do as well as the golf stuff. I bought the sensors to go into the end of my clubs too, got a decent deal at clickgolf, put them on finance and subscribed to their list and got an extra 10% off.

The info it gives out is mental, proper insight into my game without all the hassle of writing shit down or working it out myself. The app is great, maps where I hit all my shots and average distances etc. I like the fact you can keep score using the watch too, nice and easy. I would recommend it 👍🏼
Cheers. Having had a great round yesterday think I will purchase this week.

Played the Dawson up longhirst today for the first time. Finished with 27 points. Could have easily done better. Some nice shots and shit shots. Played for my old mans 70th today. He lived it. The buggies helped. Lovely course. Much bette than my local course Washington.

Cheers. Having had a great round yesterday think I will purchase this week.

I’m sure it was a total fluke but on my first round wearing it I shaved 5 shots off my previous round and posted my best score for years...it hasn’t continued like so definitely a fluke but I feel loads more confident on distances and clubs etc when I’m wearing it. Enjoy 👍🏼

I had a really good rhythm with my driving and its just gone.
Played Whitley Bay today and went round in 110. I'm just going backwards.
Found it really hard to not be negative and that just inspires more negative shots

I had a really good rhythm with my driving and its just gone.
Played Whitley Bay today and went round in 110. I'm just going backwards.
Found it really hard to not be negative and that just inspires more negative shots
I love it. Games a f***ing nightmare though.

My chips around the greens have been shocking since covid. Then last Wednesday got my rhythm and confidence back and chipped in from 25. Then last night first 13 holes nearly chipped in 3 time’s and left them dead.......going great.
Then duffed one of the 16th and thinned one on the 17th to get beat. f***ing hell so frustrating.

Played again minus the hangover tonight and shot 8 over with 2 doubles on the card ... an awful par 3 tee shot and a shank out the bunker

my driving has been ridiculous last 3 rounds them zen golf videos have completely changed my game

Played again minus the hangover tonight and shot 8 over with 2 doubles on the card ... an awful par 3 tee shot and a shank out the bunker

my driving has been ridiculous last 3 rounds them zen golf videos have completely changed my game
How do you mean? I’ve just watched his steve ripping the driver off the deck video. Looks good so far.
Which videos do you recommend?

How do you mean? I’ve just watched his steve ripping the driver off the deck video. Looks good so far.
Which videos do you recommend?

I’d work through all the lessons mate ... for me the stuff about tension has been the big game changer the lighter I feel like I’m gripping the club and the looser the arms and shoulders feel the better I hit it...
@harmy

this is a good one

Last edited:
Played the Hunting course at Slaley on Thursday.
In superb condition, but a steady wind made it very tough.
Didn’t realise they’d switched the 9’s round so you now finish on the SI 1 hole

Managed to squeeze 9 in this evening at Boldon but a combo of the group in front and the stupid amount of corn flies meant I gave up and came home for a Chinese. 3 games booked in the next 7 days though 👍🏼

Back