Gloucester away , 50 over game 22/8/23

Only 9 balls out with my prediction of end of game
What this competition has shown is that our second string bowlers are well below the required standard unfortunately

Well beaten today against virtually their First XI.

We've beaten them home and away in the Championship - that'll do for me.
Bit it's got to be a grave concern the apparent total lack of depth in the squad. At present nothing coming through from the Academy. That attack today wasn't even NEPL standard.

Well beaten today against virtually their First XI.

We've beaten them home and away in the Championship - that'll do for me.

This.
Bit it's got to be a grave concern the apparent total lack of depth in the squad.

Your second string should be getting beat off another county’s first XI though??

Plus, if we’re being totally honest, it isn’t a second string bowling attack, it’s closer to third string. That’s not a slight on any of the lads, it’s just an acknowledgment of how depleted the attack truly is.

Last edited:
This.

Your second string should be getting beat off another county’s first XI though??

Plus, if we’re being totally honest, it isn’t a second string bowling attack, it’s closer to third string. That’s not a slight on any of the lads, it’s just an acknowledgment of how depleted the attack truly is.
Yes ,all forms of white ball cricket are now very much in batsmen,'s favour. It's a worry though that in any form of cricket our bowling reserves are the likes of Glover, Gibson and Borthwick.
Stretched bowling reserves not helped of course by Coughlin's pettiness presumably earning himself a ban.

Last edited:
Kind of pleased its over. Once it became clear we couldn't compete with a scratch side, it stopped being of any real interest. I suppose that's the aim though.

The shit nature of the format meant that only two games in todays final round really meant anything. Too many dead rubbers is bad for any competition.

Yes ,all forms of white ball cricket are now very much in batsmen,'s favour. It's a worry though that in any form of cricket our bowling reserves are the likes of Glover, Gibson and Borthwick.
Stretched bowling reserves not helped of course by Coughlin's pettiness presumably earning himself a ban.
What’s coughlan done

Most ridiculous thing going on in this forum. You’re bowling on a club pitch with tennis ball bounce with strict rules. Two misguided bouncers and all of a sudden you’re deliberately bowling no balls

It was hideous unprofessional bowling and he was encouraged by Borthwick in the slips as the lad was on debut. Most definitely looked petulant

I still regret Coughlin going to notts and Peter Moores

Before that he really looked like another Durham lad who could force his way into international honours

I don’t think since he returned , he’s been up to the standard he had before he went

I hope he does get back there though as he has a lot of talent

It was hideous unprofessional bowling and he was encouraged by Borthwick in the slips as the lad was on debut. Most definitely looked petulant

Looked like that to me as well.
Before that he really looked like another Durham lad who could force his way into international honours

Remember he was a late choice in the 2014 one day final and performed pretty well. Didn’t even have a shirt with his name/number on it iirc? I hope you’re right.

Last edited:
Looked like that to me as well.

Remember he was a late choice in the 2014 one day final and performed pretty well. Didn’t even have a shirt with his name/number on it iirc? I hope you’re right.
He caught a great one at long off iirc, looked like it was going over him but he got a big arm out to claim it

Back