Gloucester away , 50 over game 22/8/23

Durham will be looking to round off their Metro Bank One Day Cup campaign with back-to-back wins when they take on Gloucestershire tomorrow at Seat Unique Stadium in Bristol.

Following Sunday’s thrilling 1 run win over group leaders Warwickshire, Durham will head to Bristol aiming for their fourth win of the competition.

Ryan Campbell has named an unchanged squad of 13 for Durham’s final List A game of 2023. Having not played on Sunday Harry Crawshaw remains in contention to make his List A debut.

Durham are unable to qualify for the knockout stages of the Metro Bank One Day Cup, but a win tomorrow could see them finish fourth in the group.

Gloucestershire sit in third but a win would see them leapfrog Worcestershire in second spot on run rate. The Pears have also completed their fixtures, a Gloucestershire win would see them secure a home quarter final.

Words from David Bedingham

“Ed Barnard played really well for the Bears. I felt I started a little bit slowly but towards then it got easier and easier I was lucky enough to get a few away. It was a great game. It rarely happens that two teams bat for 50 overs each and there is one run in it at the end of the day. It was a really good game of cricket.

“It is definitely the smallest boundary I’ve ever played in, but even with the small boundary in mind, we had a big score and we felt that if we kept taking wickets like we did, we would make it quite hard for them.

“Credit must go to out bowlers as well. Mig started really well and then for young Bushnell to come on under lots of pressure and defend nine in the last over was really impressive. I’m happy for him because I think he bowled well the whole game.

“We now go to Gloucestershire on Tuesday and will be aiming to finish off the campaign with a win, we are disappointed not to be in contention for the knockout stages but we will be looking to finish off the tournament strongly.”

Squad v Gloucestershire [22nd August]

David Bedingham, Scott Borthwick, Jonathan Bushnell, Harry Crawshaw, George Drissell, Oliver Gibson, Brandon Glover, Michael Jones, Mitchell Killeen, Alex Lees*,Tom Mackintosh+ Migael Pretorius, Liam Trevaskis

Opposition Corner

Captain: Graeme van Buuren
Overseas players: Zafar Gohar (Pakistan)
2022 finish: Fifth (Group A)
2022 leading runscorer: Jack Taylor (401)
2022 leading wicket taker: Zafar Gohar & Paul van Meekeren (13 each)

Key player: Jack Taylor – Capable of providing mid-innings acceleration with powerful striking to all areas of the ground, the experienced all-rounder averaged 66.83 with the bat in last season’s competition and also did well with his leg-spin, taking 11 wickets, with an economy rate of less than six an over.

Young Player to watch: Joe Phillips – The 19-year-old Cornishman, from Truro, is fresh from making his first-class debut in the LV= Insurance County Championship match against Glamorgan at Cheltenham. Before that he made 63 and 95 in a second XI game with Kent and is sure to be given plenty of opportunities in the 50-over competition.

Final thought: The One-Day Cup offers a final chance for Gloucestershire to make something of a disappointing season, having failed to qualify for the knock-out stages of the Vitality Blast and struggled in the County Championship Second Division. Their chances are strengthened by having only two players selected for The Hundred and, despite a relatively small squad, they should be competitive.

Match Centre

The Club’s match centre will be in operation for the fixture with live scorecards, statistics & video highlights as they happen. You can watch the game live via Durham’s match centre and Gloucestershire Cricket YouTube channel.
Hetton appears to have beaten you to it
Oh dear. The perils of the ignore feature

I suppose I’ll get a six week holiday for this crime

By all accounts Trev was given the option to go out on loan to Leics for this competition but preferred to stay with us reasoning that he had a better chance of winning it with us than them...The best laid plans etc.
Weather is set for a beautiful day tomorow and let’s hope Durham can finish the tournament with a win

win the toss and bat for me
Win this one and our Away Record for this competition will be Played 4 Won 3 No Result 1

Pity our home record doesn't match that.:(

Last edited:
By all accounts Trev was given the option to go out on loan to Leics for this competition but preferred to stay with us reasoning that he had a better chance of winning it with us than them...The best laid plans etc.

Win this one and our Away Record for this competition will be Played 4 Won 3 No Result 1

Pity our home record doesn't match that.:(
Classic Durham

Durham will be looking to round off their Metro Bank One Day Cup campaign with back-to-back wins when they take on Gloucestershire tomorrow at Seat Unique Stadium in Bristol.

Following Sunday’s thrilling 1 run win over group leaders Warwickshire, Durham will head to Bristol aiming for their fourth win of the competition.

Ryan Campbell has named an unchanged squad of 13 for Durham’s final List A game of 2023. Having not played on Sunday Harry Crawshaw remains in contention to make his List A debut.

Durham are unable to qualify for the knockout stages of the Metro Bank One Day Cup, but a win tomorrow could see them finish fourth in the group.

Gloucestershire sit in third but a win would see them leapfrog Worcestershire in second spot on run rate. The Pears have also completed their fixtures, a Gloucestershire win would see them secure a home quarter final.

Words from David Bedingham

“Ed Barnard played really well for the Bears. I felt I started a little bit slowly but towards then it got easier and easier I was lucky enough to get a few away. It was a great game. It rarely happens that two teams bat for 50 overs each and there is one run in it at the end of the day. It was a really good game of cricket.

“It is definitely the smallest boundary I’ve ever played in, but even with the small boundary in mind, we had a big score and we felt that if we kept taking wickets like we did, we would make it quite hard for them.

“Credit must go to out bowlers as well. Mig started really well and then for young Bushnell to come on under lots of pressure and defend nine in the last over was really impressive. I’m happy for him because I think he bowled well the whole game.

“We now go to Gloucestershire on Tuesday and will be aiming to finish off the campaign with a win, we are disappointed not to be in contention for the knockout stages but we will be looking to finish off the tournament strongly.”

Squad v Gloucestershire [22nd August]

David Bedingham, Scott Borthwick, Jonathan Bushnell, Harry Crawshaw, George Drissell, Oliver Gibson, Brandon Glover, Michael Jones, Mitchell Killeen, Alex Lees*,Tom Mackintosh+ Migael Pretorius, Liam Trevaskis

Opposition Corner

Captain: Graeme van Buuren
Overseas players: Zafar Gohar (Pakistan)
2022 finish: Fifth (Group A)
2022 leading runscorer: Jack Taylor (401)
2022 leading wicket taker: Zafar Gohar & Paul van Meekeren (13 each)

Key player: Jack Taylor – Capable of providing mid-innings acceleration with powerful striking to all areas of the ground, the experienced all-rounder averaged 66.83 with the bat in last season’s competition and also did well with his leg-spin, taking 11 wickets, with an economy rate of less than six an over.

Young Player to watch: Joe Phillips – The 19-year-old Cornishman, from Truro, is fresh from making his first-class debut in the LV= Insurance County Championship match against Glamorgan at Cheltenham. Before that he made 63 and 95 in a second XI game with Kent and is sure to be given plenty of opportunities in the 50-over competition.

Final thought: The One-Day Cup offers a final chance for Gloucestershire to make something of a disappointing season, having failed to qualify for the knock-out stages of the Vitality Blast and struggled in the County Championship Second Division. Their chances are strengthened by having only two players selected for The Hundred and, despite a relatively small squad, they should be competitive.

Match Centre

The Club’s match centre will be in operation for the fixture with live scorecards, statistics & video highlights as they happen. You can watch the game live via Durham’s match centre and Gloucestershire Cricket YouTube channel.

Oh dear. The perils of the ignore feature

I suppose I’ll get a six week holiday for this crime
Don't worry Carty, nobody has posted on their thread that is slipping down the page

might do sometime

I did go to a game down Darlington years ago when mullaly and Phil Simmons were playing for Leicester and Melvin Betts was turning out for Durham

that’s was another day I got burnt to bits
Used to love Feethams. The Tin Shed used as a sightscreen, Taylor's pies, the great chippy just outside the ground and sneaking into the Main Stand of the football ground during the interval and sitting in the Chairman's seat.

Used to love Feethams. The Tin Shed used as a sightscreen, Taylor's pies, the great chippy just outside the ground and sneaking into the Main Stand of the football ground during the interval and sitting in the Chairman's seat.
Was on a freebie courtesy of Melvin Betts who knew a couple of brothers called Peel who played for Chester le street seconds iirc

they had a sister who was manager of the pictures in the metro centre and they used to pass on freebie to that as well

I returned the favour by bringing in to work home baked bread already buttered :lol:

one of them was a mad keen horse racing buff who moved down close to Chester race course so we’ve lost contact

was a day and a half with the heat and drink and to this day , I’ve no idea how I got back to Chester le street via Newcastle central train station

I only had a ticket to Chester le street

Last edited:

Back