Gig goers

dangermows

Striker
If you can remember, what's your approach?

On the railing to get as close to the band as possible? Down the front garn bezerk, grabbing arses, smashing into people and all that? Down the side ensuring you're near an exit for a piss and at safe enough distance to not get knocked about but close enough to fire a pint into the moshers? Midway, having a groove about and a beer? At the back, supping, talking to others and occasionally looking towards the stage? A sittee downer? Other?

The above ponder applies to larger gigs of course.

Depends who it is but generally in the middle somewhere where I’m not likely to get crushed. Incidentally, it’s exactly a year since my last gig........a rather uninspiring Sisters of Mercy in Bristol.

If you can remember, what's your approach?

On the railing to get as close to the band as possible? Down the front garn bezerk, grabbing arses, smashing into people and all that? Down the side ensuring you're near an exit for a piss and at safe enough distance to not get knocked about but close enough to fire a pint into the moshers? Midway, having a groove about and a beer? At the back, supping, talking to others and occasionally looking towards the stage? A sittee downer? Other?

The above ponder applies to larger gigs of course.
Somewhere between those two options and would never waste a pint.

Been to loads over the years with the missus (no) and this does my head in. As I want to get central and close. For the sound more than the moshing nowadays.
Leave her 10 yards back most times.

At festivals it's a bigger pain, if you just move that little bit closer and move more central.
Nip in the gaps in between songs you get a much better experience.

14 to about 30
Pissed, front, jump around
30 on same but started going to see sensible people in auditoriums so sat respectfully
Also went to see people in shit arenas where you couldn't move
Then I became way more picky who i saw which meant sober drive to Manchester Leeds Glasgow etc midweek
Like to stand on the edge of the busy bit now. No drinking because its bogs and queues

At the front, just far enough back from the stage so I can see everything.

Pint and a piss, no bother I'm 6 foot tall and 18 stone. Barge out, barge back. Anybody says anything a good stern stare normally does the trick.

Pints at the back/side during the support. Soon as the support finishes gan for a piss, get a pint on the way back. Down the side of the crowd then cut into the middle once main act is on and pint is finished

Used to love getting lost in the music down the front and drunk...
....that was a long time ago!
I remember seeing Beth Orton at the City Hall in a nice comfy seat and loving it more recently :lol:
Mind you - that was probably 20 year ago too ffs :(

Back