Gig goers

In my teens I was right up at the front. In my 20s off to the side, but near the front. Nowadays it's as far away from the pit as possible with a good view.

I went to a tenacious d show about 8 years ago. A couple of days prior I'd ran a half marathon and wrecked my knees so ended up sitting down for the vast majority of the show. Got plenty of pelters from drunken arseholes about it. Guess I should be recycled

If you can remember, what's your approach?

On the railing to get as close to the band as possible? Down the front garn bezerk, grabbing arses, smashing into people and all that? Down the side ensuring you're near an exit for a piss and at safe enough distance to not get knocked about but close enough to fire a pint into the moshers? Midway, having a groove about and a beer? At the back, supping, talking to others and occasionally looking towards the stage? A sittee downer? Other?

The above ponder applies to larger gigs of course.

with the lads at the front chemist, with our lass bit nearer the middle/back and a bit more normal šŸ˜¬

A lot of bands I see play to a at best half full crowd so itā€™s stand and watch with a few pints.
The ones I do see who pack it out then Iā€™m down the front.

If it's a standing gig - somewhere centralish near the sound tower/mixing desk where the mix sounds good, away from the commotion at the front, and where ya can get in and out for pints and pisses.

Sitting - end of a row for pints and pisses, centralish depending on what I can get, with a bit height for a view.

Cannot be fuckin' arsed with getting squashed down the front like a gonk.

If it's a standing gig - somewhere centralish near the sound tower/mixing desk where the mix sounds good, away from the commotion at the front, and where ya can get in and out for pints and pisses.

Sitting - end of a row for pints and pisses, centralish depending on what I can get, with a bit height for a view.

Cannot be fuckin' arsed with getting squashed down the front like a gonk.
exactly what he said but for much better sounding bands ;)

Went to a few decent gigs at Southampton Guildhall. small balcony up at the back was always closed off but my mate knew people who worked there so we were allowed to get some beers and go sit in the front row of the balcony watching it all. Was a great arrangement for us that felt too old to be pogoing around with the kids

Depends on the venue. Do like getting in the seats these days, if it's quite a raucous band most folk will be out of the seats anyway. Plus normally have been on a sesh all day so usually bar and toilets are easier to get to. When I was younger it would've been nearer the front the better.

Depends on the venue. Do like getting in the seats these days, if it's quite a raucous band most folk will be out of the seats anyway. Plus normally have been on a sesh all day so usually bar and toilets are easier to get to. When I was younger it would've been nearer the front the better.
I read that and nearly fell of my chair thinking whed had become normal because of the avatar :lol:

Close enough to the bar to be able to get back to my mates without spilling beer all over.

Used to get right down the front but that hasn't happened for a while now.

If you can remember, what's your approach?

On the railing to get as close to the band as possible? Down the front garn bezerk, grabbing arses, smashing into people and all that? Down the side ensuring you're near an exit for a piss and at safe enough distance to not get knocked about but close enough to fire a pint into the moshers? Midway, having a groove about and a beer? At the back, supping, talking to others and occasionally looking towards the stage? A sittee downer? Other?

The above ponder applies to larger gigs of course.
All of them.

Except sitting down, well, if it's seating only aye that as well.

Only been to about 6 unfortunately...

Iā€™m 5ā€™10ā€ and about 13 stone so look average enough but can through a bit weight around if things get shit.

That said only ever been down the front or just off and all without any bother, few nudges and the odd wanker but nowt to worry about.

I donā€™t think Iā€™d enjoy the same as I age sadly ...

Back