Getting towards end of the week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where has that been quoted or confirmed? Grayson has said our budget is "realistic" - not the biggest but not the smallest. I'd say we have a lot more than £1m to spend.
I haven't seen any quotes where Grayson has said he has to sell to buy

Suppose it depends on how you interpret "we have players lined up in case anyone leaves". Could be argued that if no-one leaves then no-one comes in either.

No link, just my opinion that he should not have to sell before he buys, based upon his comment on the size of budget he had to work with. Even more so when he has only spent approx. £1m but got £2m for Vito, without any Borini money.

:lol: the massive ones like our 500k deals can take years i believe. Funny how mannones outgoing transfer took about 48 hour but our incoming ones "take time" isnt it?

Its almost as if you are deliberately playing down the clubs ineptitude..........just for a change like.
There's no point in responding to a clueless fucker, we have no idea how long the discussions have been going on for

So we were starting him knowing he was away and could have got injured?

You get f***ing dafter.
Grayson said from the start that everyone would get a chance and play. Even if there's been talks about a move doesn't stop them earning there money and playing. You seriously think there hasn't been discussions about other players but they are still playing, like khazri, Lens, and kone. Have you ever actually listened to Grayson interviews or do you just listen to yourself all the tine

No link, just my opinion that he should not have to sell before he buys, based upon his comment on the size of budget he had to work with. Even more so when he has only spent approx. £1m but got £2m for Vito, without any Borini money.
In an ideal world you always buy before you sell i.e. you have a plan of where you need to strengthen, you buy the players you want, then you shed the ones you no longer need. However, it rarely works like that. Whilst you say he "shouldn't have to sell before he buys" the reality is that we are financially fucked, and whilst we have brought in £55m in transfer fees since the start of the year, we have a massive shortfall in income about to hit us (once the parachute payments dry up) and the club has to get the debt down.

Id imagine he will be allowed to re-invest the Mannone money, and a portion of anything we get for Kone/Lens/Khazri but as we've already seen, the squad can be improved without spending the earth. I don't see us a) spending loads, or b) challenging for promotion this year. IMHO this season is about steadying the ship both financially and in terms of performances on the pitch (as well as restoring the harmony in the dressing room)

Genuinely confused by those that say things like 'don't worry' 'still time to go' 'it will work out'. It has literally never worked out in any of our last 10 transfer windows

correct, and it always ends the same as well, rushing to get things sorted on the last week, of the window after the first few games have taken place, and the realisation at board room level has taken place, that yes we do need more quality in the team, takes them sometime however so don't expect quick results

More bollocks as usual from you. .

how's it bollocks? we've hardly been a success under Short have we?

cant think of any good ones tbh. although he may think the Pickford deal was

for short personally it was a great deal.

Have you ever actually listened to Grayson interviews or do you just listen to yourself all the tine

I heard him basically say on Saturday some players are taking the piss, then on Tuesday he sent me an e-mail saying the players will run through a brick wall and everyone is in it together. Sounds like the PR machine is already brainwashing him

Last edited:
Do people think we're going to have sorted or problems out in the space of a few weeks with a team ready to hit the ground running first day of the season? It's going to take a couple of years sorting out the mess at this club man.

More bollocks as usual from you. Short has sanctioned the purchase of plenty of players over the years.

He lost interest when he saw that Moyes wasn't the manager he thought he was and I reckon he won't invest another penny in the club. Playing a very dangerous game though imo as this league isn't as crap as most are making out. Even the poorer teams like Burton are well organised and hard working and will see Sunderland as a notable scalp. We will get bullied all over the park with the players we currently have at our disposal.

There's no point in responding to a clueless fucker, we have no idea how long the discussions have been going on for
So you just assumed it was longer than 48 hours to suit your nothing to see here all is rosey agenda. I eagerly await your the window has x amount of weeks remaining patter once the season starts and we are woefully short....again.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back